PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To flash or not to flash

I always use spritebackup to return everything to before may last alteration, its a pretty good program i've been using since my 700wx.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I love the way the sprint stock is now. the only thing I want is the weather in the main screen and files being more spaced out in file explorer. I'm gonna stick to it for now. unless mighty comes out with a sprint version then maybe.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

You can always flash back if you dont like the 6.5 roms.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

WM 6.5 has better memory management that is evident in the ROMs that I have flashed recently and in the past. I flashed several ROMs last night but ultimately left Juicy's running and am very happy with it. I originally planned on just running Titanium but Sense is nice and not that much of a memory hog.

But i agree with others here and recommend that you do what I did. I flashed a new ROM about once an hour last night and went through a few before I found the one that I wanted to keep.

Last edited by rainfreak; 10-31-2009 at 01:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I must agree with most in this thread. There is nothing wrong with stock ROM. Added GoodThings2Lifes tweak and a couple cosmetics and it is almost perfect. Actually a boring phone cause it works so well right out of the box, unlike previous phones. Thats why I can't understand all the name calling and anxioty by so many the last 2 weeks waiting for the unlocker. This is the craziest I have ever seen this forum. I'm going to wait and see and just upgrade to stock 6.5 sprint ROM when it's released. If you go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...5-upgrade.mspx it says release is oct/nov even though many are saying jan 2010.

BOO B)
Old 10-31-2009, 01:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

jdisrael is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jdisrael

I'm new to the whole flashing thing, and I was really intrigued to see what the hype was about as people were waiting for the unlocker. I didn't know what ROM to try, so I went with Mighty's because it seemed to have the reputation of being the most stable.
Honestly, now that its flashed... I don't understand the reason people were freaking out over the unlocker. I have wm6.5 now sure... and the start menu and window skins look nicer... and there are some minor other polished to the UI and some new program features... But I feel like I'm back to square one again.
My phones resources keep creeping up in usage... I have had some brief freezes, etc. I don't know why there is even a talk about manila 2.1 vs 2.5. I just ended up turning off TouchFlo again and installed SPB Mobile Shell 3.5. The lag when I would first try and slide the TF3d slider was annoying. Mobile shell still seems to outperform TouchFlo and get you to your programs and whatnot, faster.
By the way, I do want to make sure to say that I appreciate the crap out of the cooks, and the Elite Team for all the time they put into this. I'm just waiting for someone to post a definitive review of all these ROMs so I can really understand why I would even benefit from a flash.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

I just created a poll that asks the same question. I am curious how many people are going to stay on the current ROM.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I have never done cook ROM before.

I notice some bug in the stock ROM. Annoying sms confirmation. I have read my SMS or Email and it still show up as new message on the main screen.

The only thing I have done is two cabs to get about 25mb free memory.

Sprint will release their 6.5 in Jan? Long way off and slow.

I do have interest in the unlock SIM for domestic use but I think it need to the stock ROM unlock first. True?

Last edited by chong67; 10-31-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

To be honest, there are no current ROMs that are better than the Stock for me. Once the chefs get time to work on them more, they'll surpass the Stock ROM for sure. Even better, once a kitchen is released i'll be cooking and flashing my own that is Sprint specific.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

WireX is just getting started

the speed increase, nicer ui, and decreased ram usage of all the roms I've tried compared to Telus means I'm definately not going back.

So far tried: Juicy's (has a few issues), MM was very nice, and trying Energy 6.5.1 release right now (I like the new bottom controls)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2