PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion
Re: Sprint employee stated TP2 is getting WinMo7 (assumed to be false)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
hey hey, I resent that remark
Sorry man, it is true.
There may be a couple that know something, but majority do not.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

xenokira is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyabiziz View Post
If you assumed it to be false then why start a thread about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
to confirm it? Or because we needed the comic relief after the warzone its been here lately?
You're right with the second one. It amused me and thought it might do the same for others...and besides why not start a thread about it?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The devices that Microsoft is testing WM7 on are current devices like the HTC Touch Dual and the Sony Experia x1. Those have both been seen running WM7 in leaks/teaser vids. With that being said, it could just be fake to make the videos look cool (doubt it) or they could be very early test versions...

dwizzy130

Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
The devices that Microsoft is testing WM7 on are current devices like the HTC Touch Dual and the Sony Experia x1. Those have both been seen running WM7 in leaks/teaser vids. With that being said, it could just be fake to make the videos look cool (doubt it) or they could be very early test versions...
dwizzy130
Those last two look so fake lolol
Old 10-30-2009, 06:11 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazybaz13 View Post
Those last two look so fake lolol

Lol they were screen captures out of a vid so they look pretty crappy.

dwizzy130
Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

well in the sprint leak it did say something about windows mobile 7...I think TP2 will be able to run WM7 (maybe with a few hacks)..but how well is the question.. Theoretically speaking..by then I'm sure a TP3 will come out with a Tegra and wed all switch anyways >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokira View Post
I want to start out with this: Don't get your hopes up...the stuff below is just a write up of my experience at the Sprint Store today, that's all.

Short version Sprint employee that helped me today said TP2 would be getting WinMo7. I assume he either 1. Didn't know what he was talking about or 2. Got it confused with 6.5. Either way, pretty sure what he told me is incorrect.

Long version Earlier today I stopped in the Sprint Store today to swap out my girlfriend's BB Tour for a failing trackball (apparently they can't swap the part out anymore, they have to replace the whole phone for this model). Anyway, while waiting for the BB's to be swapped, I decided to ask if the employee that was helping me if he knew if/when a WinMo 6.5 ROM would drop for the TP2, I didn't really expect much of an answer, but thought I'd ask anyway.

His response was interesting--he said, "6.5? The next update you'll get is for Windows Mobile 7." I figured he didn't know what he was talking about, I just dropped it. As I recall, the chipset of this device doesn't even meet the minimum requirements for WinMo 7 that leaked a little while back. Anyway, the refurbed BB Tour works great :P

Just thought I'd report my story to you fine folks.
Just to put this to an end really quick, I am a tech for sprint, just recently went to training with microsoft WM devision and HTC. The TP 2 is not getting WM 7 as WM 7 will not be out for quite sometime. The TP 2 does not even meet all the requirements that it takes to be eligible for WM 7.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:36 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico67 View Post
Just to put this to an end really quick, I am a tech for sprint, just recently went to training with microsoft WM devision and HTC. The TP 2 is not getting WM 7 as WM 7 will not be out for quite sometime. The TP 2 does not even meet all the requirements that it takes to be eligible for WM 7.
Want to be a little more open about the Wm7 timeframe?

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
Want to be a little more open about the Wm7 timeframe?
late next year most likely. The person heading up the training I went to was the guy who is the Sr. Manager of WM training devision for the entire United States and he said he hasn't even seen a phone with WM 7 on it. He said they are keeping it super hush hush but from what he has heard it will be late next year.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

timezone is becoming a great contributor

Even if a TP2 could run WinMo7 it would be a waste of time. TP2 does not have a capacitive screen. That is one of the biggest changes we will see and any current phone running WinMo7 if possible would just be a waste of time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2