PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:32 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro2 discontinued???

I'm wondering if they are simply stopping sales of the current 6.1 device in favour of a soon-to-launch 6.5 model???

Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bigirb2002 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigirb2002 Send a message via Yahoo to bigirb2002

my friend is manager of a verizon store he said they discountinued because they cant meet the high demand. i think thats a dumb reason tho
Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Looks like this thread was started twice...

Touch Pro 2 discontinued???
Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

As long as sprint doesn't play "follow the leader".
Old 10-27-2009, 11:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: Verizon

Import Junky is a n00b

Seriously??? that a dumb reason!!.. guess glad i got mine. Wounder what this HTC Dragon is like...

Could probably sell the Verizon TP2 for more than i paid and get something new in a couple weeks
Old 10-27-2009, 11:21 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Can also verify VZW is out of stock and no date for reorder avalibility. Almost always means discontinued.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

phillyphill39 is a n00b

they are getting some more in-stock tomorrow. just called them up today, been waiting since the 15th for a replacement phone. it may have 6.5 on it who knows.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35166; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

Makes no sense to me.
I developed an issue with my keyboard, I called Verizon support on Friday.
They were out of stock but were expected a shipment on Monday. They also told me that if it wasn't in stock on Monday that I could get the Imagio if I wanted.
I talked to them this morning and they told me that my new TP2 will be delivered tomorrow
Old 10-27-2009, 11:37 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

You know, I can not phathom a company saying "Man this thing is selling so well, we can't even keep it in stock!! Guess we should discontinue it since it's selling so good. Yes, thats what will do, why sell it if everyone is buying it?" I mean really, you guys really buying in to this? They're holding off untill the 6.5 release.

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

loudnlownoma is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
You know, I can not phathom a company saying "Man this thing is selling so well, we can't even keep it in stock!! Guess we should discontinue it since it's selling so good. Yes, thats what will do, why sell it if everyone is buying it?" I mean really, you guys really buying in to this? They're holding off untill the 6.5 release.

Kinda what I'm thinking. Like was mentioned earlier, this scare likely started with someone's friend who works there or someone calling and hearing something like "They are out of stock currently, but I don't show a re-order date at this time" and that eventually snow-balled into My dad's uncle's brother's roomate knows a guy whose sister's aunt works there and said they aren't getting any more ever!

I was a little worried before I got mine that after going out of stock so quick they may be waiting for the 6.5 upgrade to just release them pre-installed so they don't have to hassle with people messing up the updates. But they have had them come in in spurts here and there, which is how I got mine.

I seriously can't believe (and this is giving them a lot of credit, but of all the things I've seen Verizon fumble in the past, they rarely let it hit them in the wallet) that VZW would look at a phone that so many people think is so great and is selling out faster than they can get it and use that as a reason to discontinue it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2