PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to Hard Reset HTC Touch Pro 2 (New Way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2005io View Post
Thanks alote for helping i did the Hard Reset again but one thing i did not minchin the sacand step

1. With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

until you see this message on the screen .......

i did not see any message even i hold the button for about 1 min

any idea please

and thankes again
You have to make sure you have the appropriate set of instuctions for your particular phone (GSM / CDMA) I've never even heard of your carrier but I can tell you that the instructions you have... as I mentioned they work for me, per sprint's instruction manual (CDMA)... are for the CDMA phones... There is a completely different set of instructions for GSM phones and I have seen someone do it and I do believe there was a 3 legged goat involved. Find out if your phone is GSM and someone will surely post the instructions for you here.
p.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I don't understand how this is new...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
You have to make sure you have the appropriate set of instuctions for your particular phone (GSM / CDMA) I've never even heard of your carrier but I can tell you that the instructions you have... as I mentioned they work for me, per sprint's instruction manual (CDMA)... are for the CDMA phones... There is a completely different set of instructions for GSM phones and I have seen someone do it and I do believe there was a 3 legged goat involved. Find out if your phone is GSM and someone will surely post the instructions for you here.
p.
+1 although Verizon branded Touch Pro 2s have a different way of hard resetting versus Sprint's
Old 10-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cellcome
Threadstarter

rom2005io is a n00b

Thanks for this app but my device is ded i can't see any thing even whin i but the charger i don't see the red (charging) led on the device
Old 10-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

She's dead bro... Just take into a service center for your carrier and tell them it just died on you. And be all upset because you lost all your data. lol.
Seriously. It's under warranty. You shouldn't have any issues.
p.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cellcome
Threadstarter

rom2005io is a n00b

Every one big thanks ur amazing people

thnks
Old 10-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
I believe they are missing the part where you have to press the reset button with your stylus while holding all those buttons.

It takes LOTS of coordination (I have to hold my stylus with my teeth), but it SHOULD work. Let me know if that doesn't help.

Also, MAKE SURE THE PHONE IS OFF when you try this.
Just trying to picture myself doing it, and get caught by my wife. I think it be worst than getting caught doing you know what.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i installed something had a soft reset and then my TP2 and then it would just boot to the touch pro 2 opening with the radio and all display then go black i held

end power and both volume buttons to bring up the hard reset........ the phone actually recognizes the corrupt files and let me know that it was not able to start up correctly first i have seen of that
Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

pjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpjsockett is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That doesn't work for Verizon.

On Verizon you do the following.

1. With device off hold Volume down while pressing the send and end keys
2. Press Vol Up for Manufacturer default or press Vol Down for Custom
3.Press send to confirm

No stylus needed. I just did it again this morning.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I didn't know there was any other way. This is how I have always done it and hope to doing it in the near future when I install MIGHTY ROMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2