PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700 & xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

No Strings is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need Help concering Verizon TP2

I love mine. Best HTC product I have owned.

Does not get as warm as the xv6800.

Battery lasts one day with data connection always on and checking emails/pushing a couple Opera pages.

Don't know but I do intend to start looking for more games to play on it.

Neal
Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Some peope checked every day and they had some back in stock for like an hour before they sold out again. :P My friend finally got his, this was about a week ago.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:14 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

1. Do you still like it?
Yes. Best device I've ever owned. Blows the TP1 out of the water.

2. Does it get hot at all?
Never for me.

3. How is the battery life?
I take it off the charger at about 8 am and at 1am I'm still at about 50%. Ridiculously good battery life compared to the TP1

4. Here's the main thing. For those of you who play games on the phone, are you able to control the games using the arrow keys on the hardware keyboard?
N/A for me too.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thunder33cat is becoming a great contributor

Best smart phone device I've ever used. Period.

Doesn't get hot at all for me.

Great battery life. It has far exceeded my expectations. Been away from a charger since 7 AM this morning and in a crappy signal area and I'm still sitting at 73% battery at 12:30 PM with full push e-mail/data.

Can't answer the games question, sorry.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It seems like nobody really uses this phone for games... but everything else about it sound good.

I guess the only thing now is to see if I can find a Verizon plan I like (or one that my family likes). That might be kinda tough...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

as far as games i would recommend reading through some of the game threads. keep in mind that the tp2 runs wvga resolutions 800x480, therefore only certain games will run properly (full screen) on it. i use it for game but just not any that required directional buttons (yet). However there is a "keyboard controller" cab that can be installed on your phone that will allow you to map keyboard keys to any function, therefore you should be able to apply this to games.

here is list from a thread here about games that function in wvga properly:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82849

there are plenty more threads concerning this issue as well. best advice is choose a game you want then search for its wvga compatibility.

I love this phone, very glad i switched to it. The battery life exceeds my expectations for a wm device, it is simply amazing. As far as heat goes, if you are referring to the tp's issue of getting rediculously hot when tethered or charging and using, then the answer is no, the tp2 does not have that issue. it may get warm or hot by definition to some, but it is not an issue and does not impeed on functionality, the issue was definitley fixed for the tp2. hope this info helps, and good luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesavery22 View Post
when will VZW get it back in stock? I've been checking for a week with no luck
I don't believe it is in stock. My phone started messing up and I went to a verizon store to get it fixed/replaced with no cigar. The rep actually told me they would probably replace it with an Imaggio in stead...I guess my phone heard him cuz when I hard reset it it started working properly again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
A few things first, before I get into my post. For those of you who remember my "TP2 vs. MY TP" thread, yes, I'm thinking about getting the Touch Pro 2.

The reason why I'm planning to upgrade is because I still have an Alltel phone and an Alltel plan, and Verizon is offering an incentive for us to get Verizon phones (it's pretty much a HUGE discount). Anyway, I plan to get the Touch Pro 2 from this discount.

So I have two questions for all TP2 users. Now that you have been using your phones for a while now, I want you to tell me how it works.

1. Do you still like it?

2. Does it get hot at all?

3. How is the battery life?

4. Here's the main thing. For those of you who play games on the phone, are you able to control the games using the arrow keys on the hardware keyboard?

Thanks for all of your responses!
1. Yes
2. Warm but not hot. And only when it's on the charger, not while on the battery.
3. Outstanding with tweaks i.e. data disconnect after 1 minute
4. I only use the touch screen for games but there are a lot that use the g sensor instead of the arrows.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

1. LOVE it.

2. Negative.

3. Excellent. Lasts all day for me. And that's with BT on all the time.

4. N/A
Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F

Mattheyu is keeping up the good workMattheyu is keeping up the good work

I've had mine for about three weeks now. A little bit of love and ahte at first, but I've grown to love the huge screen.

My friend's got warm when he didn't know better and had about 15 apps open and had it in a TP1 holster for about four hours, and I remmeber charging it and talking on the phone for a few hours one night made it a bit hot, but those were the only two incidents.

Battery life is okay. Better than my TP1 stock, but never more than a day and a half with moderate usage. S2U2 probably plays a big part in that, but I love it.

Most of the games I've tried to play using the arrow keys didn't work because of the D3D driver issue, but for the others, it worked perfectly. Lately though I just rock Bookworm and Bejeweled 2.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I need to put an addendum here - if I'm running Bluetooth, GPS, and the Data conneciton at the same time (using TomTom for example) while charging, it DOES get warm. But that's the only time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2