PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Need Help concering Verizon TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92618)

Oxymoron238 10-25-2009 11:03 PM

Need Help concering Verizon TP2

A few things first, before I get into my post. For those of you who remember my "TP2 vs. MY TP" thread, yes, I'm thinking about getting the Touch Pro 2.

The reason why I'm planning to upgrade is because I still have an Alltel phone and an Alltel plan, and Verizon is offering an incentive for us to get Verizon phones (it's pretty much a HUGE discount). Anyway, I plan to get the Touch Pro 2 from this discount.

So I have two questions for all TP2 users. Now that you have been using your phones for a while now, I want you to tell me how it works.

1. Do you still like it?

2. Does it get hot at all?

3. How is the battery life?

4. Here's the main thing. For those of you who play games on the phone, are you able to control the games using the arrow keys on the hardware keyboard?

Thanks for all of your responses!

eth3rton 10-25-2009 11:07 PM

Re: Need Help concering Verizon TP2

Had mine since launch.

1 - Still Love it!
2 - Not really. When talking extended periods of time mine gets a little warm but not hot.
3 - All day using the phone & data.
4 - N/A for me.

Mr_Alexander 10-25-2009 11:33 PM

I too came from Alltel & got the TP2 as soon as I could. I also got a GREAT deal to get 2 phones for me & the wife. To answer your questions:

1: We BOTH love this phone!
2: It gets warm but never has gotten hot on me at all.
3: Battery life is good...has always lasted all day for me at work(13+ hrs/day)
4: I don't know. The games I play all use the touch screen or g-sensor.

One thing I do give as a caveat is that I had a great family plan through Alltel that Verizon can't match. So now I'm paying more than I was before (and getting less for it.) I hope you can get a better plan than I did.

andrewtheman 10-25-2009 11:36 PM

I still love this phone, and *just* about have it set up they way I want it.
It gets hot if I'm using WiFi and a ton of programs, but usually not.
Battery life for me is all over the place. Sometimes it goes hours and only loses 5%, sometimes it sits on my nightstand overnight and loses 70% and dies.
I'm not in it for the games, the ones I do have tend to use the accelerometer.

Oxymoron238 10-25-2009 11:45 PM

The plans that Verizon offers is another thing that concerns me.

I don't want to have to pay too much more, but I'm not the only one deciding if the plan will be worth the switch, so I guess I can't really comment on that for now.

BUT I do have another question; if we do decide to switch, what are the chances of them being able to ship me my phone right away? The lastest news I heard about the Touch Pro 2 is that it's out of stock, so will I be able to get one right away?

Mr.KLeen 10-25-2009 11:51 PM

When I ordered mine, I got it the next day

MrObvious 10-26-2009 08:52 AM

Verizon plans are spensive.

Isror 10-26-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 1264786)
A few things first, before I get into my post. For those of you who remember my "TP2 vs. MY TP" thread, yes, I'm thinking about getting the Touch Pro 2.

The reason why I'm planning to upgrade is because I still have an Alltel phone and an Alltel plan, and Verizon is offering an incentive for us to get Verizon phones (it's pretty much a HUGE discount). Anyway, I plan to get the Touch Pro 2 from this discount.

So I have two questions for all TP2 users. Now that you have been using your phones for a while now, I want you to tell me how it works.

1. Do you still like it?

4. Here's the main thing. For those of you who play games on the phone, are you able to control the games using the arrow keys on the hardware keyboard?

I got my TP2 through an insurance replacement so I didn't have to alter my Alltel plan, if you can swing this too, its the best option

wodurrah 10-26-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 1264786)

1. Do you still like it?

Love it still and even more so that I have found this community at PPC geeks. Plus with all the hacks and cabs to change the phone to your liking that i've found here its great.

The phone does get hot from time to time especially when connected to PC. Never just on battery power. For how small the battery is the battery life is actually great. There is also a extended battery floating around the net...just google it. The battery doesn't last the whole day if you've been emailing or your phone updates email often and you been playing wit ur phone it will burn up the battery quick...but I bought a cradle so i charge two batteries at a time and take both out if ima be out all day doing a lot.

With the games

jamesavery22 10-26-2009 11:00 AM

when will VZW get it back in stock? I've been checking for a week with no luck