PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92493)

kiwiruss 10-27-2009 11:20 AM

Re: Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid)

Doesnt seem to open on my verizon touch pro 2. installs ok but wont launch from program files shortcut.

dbldwn02 10-27-2009 11:28 AM

Re: microsoft tellme app working on tp & tp2

Quote:

Originally Posted by railslave (Post 1263662)
ok members this is great news for whomever wanted speech to text on their wm phones. a special thanks to pixelwix for providing the app to us. make sure you give full credit to pixelwix for the app he has provided us. i def dont want anyone thinking i was trying to steal the fame. here is the original link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92493

you need to have netcf 3.5 installed on your tp device first
and formost. download the attached cab, and extract to your programs folder on your phones main mem. it seems that the touch screen is not working, but you can still navigate without it for now.(on tp devices, it is fully functional. thanks for the confirmation daredlight)

attached are the cabs needed to make this work. enjoy

here are some features of tellme

http://www.tellme.com/

enjoy!!!!! i will update here if touch screen/other problems are fixed.
mods please sticky this post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafy0003 (Post 1263707)
No need for duplicate threads. forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92532

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1263709)
what was wrong with the other thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1264116)
<merged threads>

Haha...Owned. I didn't see the point of making another thread either, 'cept to steal ol' boys thunder and get some thanks for himself. Haha. I say, "Remove thanks!" and give to the real OP

luigug 10-27-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelwix (Post 1263091)
So I was the sprint store last night checking out the HERO, right next to it was the Samsung Intrepid it had the TellMe app on there so copied the install.exe file on to my tp2 to see if it would install. I can get it to install but the app wount launch. anyone wanna give it ago to see if they can get it working?

*update*

I guess to get it working you need to have netcf 3.5 installed to make it work.
some are saying touch works, some are saying it doesn. I guess its hit or miss.

get netcf 3.5 here --> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...53&postcount=9

on ny htc d2 it don't work, it stops at 72% and send this message:
There was a problem, try again later ...

kiwiruss 10-27-2009 11:40 AM

got it working.
Had to reinstall voice command and set it make sure it was NOT enabled.
uninstalling voice command must have removed something tellme needed.

I have verizon touch pro 2

macaroo 10-27-2009 11:54 AM

i concur with requiring the msvoice command needed to install tell me.
Once voice command was installed, TellMe installed without needing the netcf3.5 .

using Touch Pro
energy Rom Photon oct 13 wm6.5

acontrasto 10-27-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnya (Post 1268580)
Hey guys, used fiddler to trace the HTTP request used in the installer, and managed to fetch the cab file from tellme servers. Attached :)

The problem is, i installed it, and i have the tellme icon on the start menu, but when i tap it, nothing happens. Any registry hacks needed? Thanks :)

I just downloaded the WM6 and wm6.5 SDK. I'm going to test out the .cab from the emulator and see if it works on a clean WM6 or 6.5 OS. I had the same idea to find the .cab, but I didn't have any time yet. It seems that the whole program is a web service built with flash.

When you go into the program files dir on the phone, there's also a file called "TellmeLauncherExpert" It would be nice to set that file to the Press & Hold of the camera button.

macaroo 10-27-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnya (Post 1268580)
Hey guys, used fiddler to trace the HTTP request used in the installer, and managed to fetch the cab file from tellme servers. Attached :)

The problem is, i installed it, and i have the tellme icon on the start menu, but when i tap it, nothing happens. Any registry hacks needed? Thanks :)

I had the same issue.. However after installer MSVoiceCommand , soft reset, reinstal of TellMe, it worked.... it seems like it doesn't work at first. the install goes to 84/88% for me then just closes..if you wait a few seconds (10-15) it then appears to run with the EULA stuff..
HTH.

aleis 10-27-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macaroo (Post 1269169)
I had the same issue.. However after installer MSVoiceCommand , soft reset, reinstal of TellMe, it worked.... it seems like it doesn't work at first. the install goes to 84/88% for me then just closes..if you wait a few seconds (10-15) it then appears to run with the EULA stuff..
HTH.

+1 on this, msvoicecommand is required also it needs the enabled box uncheck.
got it working!! :)
now trying on the rom i actually like....pray for me :-({|=

*CONFIRMED*

work on any rom, make sure msvoice command is installed and the enabled box uncheck :)

dallas contractor 10-27-2009 12:10 PM

Re: TELLME App!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 1263796)
I was hoping that whoever got this working on their Touch Pro 1, could maybe mention what rom they're running :) Sorry, i know this is a TP2 forum, but id really like to get this app working on my phone. Thanks,
dschoenike

Works on my Stock TP

amnya 10-27-2009 01:01 PM

Thank you guys, installing MSVC. :)