PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92493)

istman 10-27-2009 01:11 PM

Re: Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid)

A lot of people are saying "it works" but has anyone actually been testing the touch screen function? I have a TP with the newest Sprint stock ROM. Everything works fine except the touch screen. It would be nice to get this working.

pixelwix 10-27-2009 01:15 PM

can someone post msvoice command cab..?

kev.schu 10-27-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnya (Post 1268580)
Hey guys, used fiddler to trace the HTTP request used in the installer, and managed to fetch the cab file from tellme servers. Attached :)

The problem is, i installed it, and i have the tellme icon on the start menu, but when i tap it, nothing happens. Any registry hacks needed? Thanks :)

THANK YOU! installs and works flawlessly on my Imagio, touchscreen and everything.

aleis 10-27-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by istman (Post 1269379)
A lot of people are saying "it works" but has anyone actually been testing the touch screen function? I have a TP with the newest Sprint stock ROM. Everything works fine except the touch screen. It would be nice to get this working.

my touch screen works perfectly on my omnia.
just cant get it to do text messages....hmmm...
wonder if that update this will work now.
hope it doesnt break it!
but...since it doesnt do what i want anyway..
ABOUT TO TEST!
the verdict is...........
upgrade works...
now testing text features
no go.
SUCKS!

syrguy1969 10-27-2009 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelwix (Post 1269387)
can someone post msvoice command cab..?

Here ya go!!!

dallas contractor 10-27-2009 01:37 PM

TP stock rom, Touch Screen works, Texting also works and search on m.bing.

fryjr82 10-27-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnya
Hey guys, used fiddler to trace the HTTP request used in the installer, and managed to fetch the cab file from tellme servers. Attached :)

The problem is, i installed it, and i have the tellme icon on the start menu, but when i tap it, nothing happens. Any registry hacks needed? Thanks :)

Nice! That cab installed and works for me! Sure I don't have touch screen ability but everything else works at least.

lefty11 10-27-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigchico67 (Post 1267877)
Hopefully someone finds a fix, seems going into edit and touching the screen kind of defeats the purpose of this app. It is still pretty cool though. I used phm and went into the programs regristry to seem if I could tweak some stuff but it didn't do anything.

I am unclear how you think that having to touch edit and then touch send defeats the purpose of this app. I think one of , if not the main purpose is to keep people from texting while driving or anything else where you need both hands for the most part. It is much easier to touch one spot on a screen followed by another spot on the subsequent screen than it is to type and drive. It would be very nice if they had a voice recognition "send" command , but in reality it only takes one extra screen touch to basically send the text than it would if the touch screen function was working 100 percent. I think this will actually save a few lives..
google up Reggie Shaw or youtube it and I think you will see what I mean. This was the young man from Utah who was responsible for the death of two men because he was texting at the wheel.

I know Microsoft bought Tellme and is distributing it free to carriers, but does anyone have an idea what it would take to add a voice command to actually send the text?

TheBundo 10-27-2009 02:17 PM

It "works" for me, for sending a text. But if it doesn't work broadly, like in Word, etc., I don't see any advantage to this software. Bing works great for the drugstore searches, and if I want to "speak" a text, I could just call the person.

dallastx 10-27-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1269523)
It "works" for me, for sending a text. But if it doesn't work broadly, like in Word, etc., I don't see any advantage to this software. Bing works great for the drugstore searches, and if I want to "speak" a text, I could just call the person.

Well now i see why Microsoft Recite was out. To help with the study on Voice interaction...I dont think Tell ME is quite ready for prime time...It does a farely ok job, but accuracy is still at 50%......I cant see myself repeating the same text 8 times before it gets everyword correct. It's exciting to have , because we want to do as much as we CAN with our phone but Microsoft needs to go back to the drawing board.