PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 11:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

tmwes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will the Touch Pro 2 be short lived? My personal dilemma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
i think that is the point of the conversation.

there is no doubt the value of the tp1 is sinking quickly. if it turns out the tp2 gets the same rap (whether true or not) then its value is going to drop fast as well. imo, it is probably a good move for you to sell yours now and congrats on getting 5 bills for it. but i think in a month or 2 you will the ebay prices cool off quite a bit.

I don't know...I sold my original TP right before I bought the TP2; and I still got $180 for it for a year old device.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:03 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
Idk why, but you annoy the hell out of me.
read my mind
Old 10-25-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
read my mind
LOL, I was thinking the same thing........

~John
Old 10-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
read my mind
maybe its his avatar & u guys are hungry & get jealous when u see him eating or maybe its just how he is eating it....yes no maybe??

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Im on my first 2 year contract with sprint. I started with a mogul then went to a touch pro for free with asurion now to a TP2 for free. Im gonna keep my contract until the new phones come out on sprint THEN use my upgrade to get one of those. my 2yr ends in april unfortunately though.

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 10-25-2009, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
maybe its his avatar & u guys are hungry & get jealous when u see him eating or maybe its just how he is eating it....yes no maybe??
it's not that, I got so sick of looking at huge gif sigs that had absolutely nothing to do with PPC's that I blocked all that garbage in my profile over a year ago........

~John
Old 10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I like to see if the TP2 will have a shorter life than the Treo 800w.

Sprint and Palm regret releasing the 800w and it was gone in 4 months and released for the Pro. Just like that overnight.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i'm on sprint, been w/ for many years, and i'm not understanding how people are saying they get FREE upgrade w/ renewal of contract? can some1 please explain 2 me. and whats this 1 year warranty free upgrade?

i have tp2 now, before i had vogue for 2+ years. i was able 2 get upgrade ($150 off full retail) + 2 year renewal. what am i missing?

anybody that can give me the "scoop" thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 and touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chiroeagle is a n00b

I think he is referring to the TEP phone insurance "upgrade". The last time I added a new line and a phone to my account (a used Mogul) I inquired about losing my $150 new phone upgrade money and the rep said "You do not have to worry about that, you have TEP and you will get the newest phone just like the one you have!" So, its not really an upgrade, it just so happens that they phase the phones in and out sooo fast that you get an "upgrade" when you current phone craps out.

However, I am stuck with the mogul now.. there are no TP1 and they will not budge on a TP2. They said Snap or Palm Pro!.. i said NO.

Eric

p.s. I think this was my cherry post on PPC!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroeagle View Post
I think he is referring to the TEP phone insurance "upgrade". The last time I added a new line and a phone to my account (a used Mogul) I inquired about losing my $150 new phone upgrade money and the rep said "You do not have to worry about that, you have TEP and you will get the newest phone just like the one you have!" So, its not really an upgrade, it just so happens that they phase the phones in and out sooo fast that you get an "upgrade" when you current phone craps out.

However, I am stuck with the mogul now.. there are no TP1 and they will not budge on a TP2. They said Snap or Palm Pro!.. i said NO.

Eric

p.s. I think this was my cherry post on PPC!
My suggestion is call Customer Service when it isnt busy, be really nice and tell them this:

" Hello. Im standing outside a sprint service center and before i go in and speak to a rep I want to make sure that it is clearly documented that i have had multiple issues with my phone and need to be given an opportunity to upgrade to a like phone that is currently available. "

Then when you go inside the store, they will see the notes and have to offer you something per customer service.

Tell them you need a winmo device for work and it has to be touch screen with a keyboard. If they offer you a TP... that matches your criteria and your stuck with it.

But they might offer you a Tour, Hero, Pre or my fave... The TP2. Politely say thank you and take home ur TP2. If they say that you need to wait a few days to get it.. thats fine.

Also, deal with a manager, be friendly. Dont dress like a douche, but not like a teenager either.

Good luck!

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2