PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 02:07 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Time for a "Still Love my TP2" Thread

OP, you typed all that from your TP2? (I saw on the top it say "Wirelessly posted"). Awesome!

I love the TP2. Got it a few days after the Verizon release, friend got his VZW a few days before me, and another friend got his Sprint a few days before that. We both came from TP1's, (I came from an XV6700 > XV6800 > TP1 > TP2), and each step has shown big improvements! Although, I think I take all these advancements for granted - there are so many great features of the phone that aren't taken into consideration, but I definitely appreciate them more and more. Each phone, HTC comes out in strides, although some people really tend to bring attention to the minute faults).

Quick note, I saw a comparison of the N97 to the TP2, and I some people complain the tilting screen is too "loose", I don't think it's too loose, but after comparing it to the N97, I suppose I see what they mean. But look how ugly the tilting mechanism is on the N97! I'm very happy with the way ours tilts. I love our dual speakerphones, dual microphones (for speakerphone use), I also love the speaker grill - very attractive! (especially compared to the TP1), the phone looks and feels high quality, great ergonomics, chrome trim around the camera, etc... aesthetically... it's amazing! Slide out keyboard - each phone gets better and better. Keyboard buttons - I think everyone will agree these are very attractive, easy to use, doesn't stick, and presses all the time (sometime 'A' and 'FN' on my last phones wouldn't press).

Absolutely love this phone, and I'm happy to pay the premium price I pay for my VZW service (can't have an awesome phone on a cheapo plan with no data). I don't really have too many complaints. I do agree WM6.1 is outdated (I had it 2 phone generations ago (XV6800), and I do like the improved Touch Flo 3D 2.1 on our phones, but I am drooling over 2.5/2.6! Although I'd like to point out, HTC has once again come out strong with their Touch Flo 3D improvements over each of their phones.

My only complaints: no flash, no camera button (how can I take self portraits, lol), and for some reason, the camera really isn't good. N97 has a 5MP Carl Zeiss? We need an advanced camera app, the HTC app is weak, basic, and doesn't take good pics. But I'm confident they will fix this in the future.

Awesome phone!!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I was going to do the "try-out-the-Touch-Pro-2-and-return-it-for-a-Hero-within-30-days" routine. I came up from the Mogul to the Touch Pro and my love for HTC devices deepened. I have always been interested in Android since I am a Google Fanboy. After about 2 days with my Touch Pro 2...I knew I was NOT going O/S jumping anytime soon.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

BK111968 is just getting started

I've had mine for nearly a month and just activated the radio portion two days ago and I can truly say that I'm very happy with this device because of the following:

1) More memory- its nice to install all the programs on this device's main memory that I previously had to store on the storage card on my 6800. I still have plenty of room left over.
2) Screen resolution - much nicer and videos play great on it.
3) Keyboard- much nicer spacing and really cool looking led shadow effects under the keys.
4) Processor- much quicker to do anything
5) Opera- I can finally check my bank accounts on-line (IE wouldn't work and my bank only had provisioning for AT&T customers)
6) No lock-ups, very stable - I've only had to soft-reset this thing when I was installing software.
7) People are always impressed when they see it and what it can do
Calls seem to be clearer- still need to install Audiopara but the volume is better stock than my 6800 was.
9) Touch Flo- I find it easy to use and don't feel the need to install SPB Mobile Shell on this device (really liked it on the 6800 though).

I'm sure I won't feel the urge to upgrade to something else for a long time.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Ok... one month as of yesterday. And..... I still love it.
TP before this and Touch before that... and several not so smart phones prior to that.
I love all the things you all mentioned but I am poised and ready to buy the Leo if it comes out on Sprint.
I want more internal memory, more ram, better battery, capacitive screen, faster processor, and windows 7. Not sure the leo will have all that but we'll see then.
Anyway. I really love my phone and am looking forward to the improvements 6.5 should bring.
p.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Had mine about a month and still lovin' it. I hope it serves me well for a long time. I've never kept a phone thru the length of a two year contract. With all the upgrades and cooked roms coming I'm hoping for enough variety that this will be the keeper device. I'm growing weary of the cash outlay for all the phone swaps , so I'll be babyin' my baby and hoping for a nice long relationship!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
the camera really isn't good. N97 has a 5MP Carl Zeiss? We need an advanced camera app, the HTC app is weak, basic, and doesn't take good pics. But I'm confident they will fix this in the future.
I seriously doubt the camera will get much (if any) better (& it does suck, my TP was better for some reason)

~John
Old 10-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

I just got back from the TP thread, They got a thread Titled: (The TP2 could be better) They are basically stating why they are not upgrading,They are totally misinformed about the TP2 like how the TP2 has less ram and rom than the TP, One guy even said multitasking is better on the TP, Another guy stated how the cpu chip is newer in the TP therefore is better than the one used for the TP2.

One guys argument was does you phone have a flashlight Lol, I told him we don't need a flashlight because our screens are big enough to luminate a whole room.

I was defending us TP2 users and told them stop lying to themselves and the only reason that thread existed was because they want assurance that its ok not to upgrade.

Here's the thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90544
Funny stuff

Last edited by gutrrob; 10-17-2009 at 03:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
I just got back from the TP thread, They got a thread Titled: (The TP2 could be better) They are basically stating why they are not upgrading,They are totally misinformed about the TP2 like how the TP2 has less ram and rom than the TP, One guy even said multitasking is better on the TP, Another guy stated how the cpu chip is newer in the TP therefore is better than the one used for the TP2.

One guys argument was does you phone have a flashlight Lol, I told him we don't need a flashlight because our screens are big enough to luminate a whole room.

I was defending us TP2 users and told them stop lying to themselves and the only reason that thread existed was because they want assurance that its ok not to upgrade.

Here's the thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90544
Funny stuff
lol funny...tho hun lol some of the things they said are tru. The processor is older but it's for better gps (no lag with tp2) and the the tp has more rom and ram. I've filled up my tp2 internal memory once and i never did when i had my tp..but nevertheless I still love my tp2 way over my tp!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BoneZ is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to BoneZ Send a message via MSN to BoneZ Send a message via Yahoo to BoneZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
tp has more rom and ram.
According to HTC, the TP and TP2 both have the same exact amount of ROM and RAM:

TP:
http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...ification.html

TP2
http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...ification.html

Old 10-17-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

yachtspecco is just getting started

I've had mine for about a month and I still marvel at how much better it is than my TP and Mogul before that. It just works so much better and since I am an "Old Geek" at 56 I REALLY appreciate the screen real estate compared to the TP. I will admit I have done mods in the way of various cabs but have stayed with the stock roms. I have done more to my tp2 than both previous phones and it is stable beyond belief! It is a business phone primarily so I really can't afford to muck it up playing with some obscure function enhancement cab that might cause problems.
Aside from some learning curve issues with respect to editing text and message selection / organization it is just far superior and I would never consider going back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2