PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Lock Unlock gripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor_g View Post
Yup. Forget S2U2. Here's the best solution I've found (and I've searched high and low):

TouchLockPro + MightyMike's Keyboard Config =

The former can be googled, and the latter (incredibly useful program) can be found here: http://www.lilrico.com/Mighty/mightyromblog/?p=401

This combination is the ONLY way I've found to effectively lock / unlock my device. And it's COMPLETELY customizable. It's also very memory efficient and reliable.

I won't detail my own configuration but in short, I used the keyboard config application to assign one of my hard keys to trigger TouchLockPro to unlock.

Read the manuals, then go play.
Keyboard Config is definitely by tarkim from XDA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Good to know. Thanks for the correction!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

This combination is the ONLY way I've found to effectively lock / unlock my device. .

It sounds like a good setup, but PocketShield is 100% dependable in my VZ TP2.

When I push the top button, it shuts off the screen & locks it automatically. Pushing the button a second time causes it to unlock with the light sensor (usually so fast you don't even see the lock screen)

~John
Old 10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hi John -

Yep. Tried PocketShield (good little program) but I had issues with the light sensor not being sensitive enough to unlock my device a lot of the time (a common issue for TP users apparently). Tried tweaking the program as well to no avail.

If you live/work in a bright enough place, PocketShield is a good solution in my opinion. Just no luck with it over here. TouchLockPro seems to be a very lightweight program as well (I recall it being more memory efficient than PocketShield, so that's a plus too).
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here's what I would LOVE: if somebody could find a way to use the PROXIMITY SENSOR to lock/unlock the device... now THAT would be fantastic.

ie. as soon as you put the device in your case (or pocket), it locks up automatically (and otherwise it stays unlocked while it's on your desk, for instance).

This would be similar to how Blackberrys lock/unlock (except better, as those devices rely on magnets sewn into cases/pouches).

I've searched for this type of solution, but haven't found anything yet. Anyone else?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Ok, I've gotten a .exe to run. But how do I make the end key do multiple things, ie run an exe file and then power management turn off the screen all with just one long press?
I don't think you can assign multiple actions to keypresses. Actually, I've never seen an app that could accomplish that, as it would also have to execute things in the proper order as well (or it simply wouldn't work).

However - try assigning your POWER key to unlock with a double press or long press. So your unlock mechanism would be: 1 click of the POWER key to turn the device on, and another click to unlock it. I've tried this and it seems to work, and it's a good workaround I think?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Trevor, which key is the power key in the config program? I've looked endlessly and can't find it. I know if you want to assign something to your power key, if you hold it down it comes up as POWER. But if you want to remap the end key to the power button, in the drop down menu there is nothing in the list on the power key.

Your unlock key assignment sound great, but I just would like to long press the end key and have the phone lock and power the screen off. i see where per key, you can have several rules. I don't know exactly how to use the rules.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Trevor, which key is the power key in the config program? I've looked endlessly and can't find it. I know if you want to assign something to your power key, if you hold it down it comes up as POWER. But if you want to remap the end key to the power button, in the drop down menu there is nothing in the list on the power key.

Your unlock key assignment sound great, but I just would like to long press the end key and have the phone lock and power the screen off. i see where per key, you can have several rules. I don't know exactly how to use the rules.

Switch the Action to "emulate key press" And the "End" key should be in that list as well as "End Call"

I probably misunderstood what you were saying SO let's go for approach number two

Switch the Action to "power management" and "Screen power toggle" should be what you want?

Last edited by freeza; 10-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

That's it! Thanks Freeza...
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Super Saiyan 3

Quote:
That's it! Thanks Freeza...

No problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2