PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 6850
Carrier: Sprint

travissand is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 + Garmin XT

Garmin Mobile XT was a free download on the Garmin websight. I remember downloading it. Then later I downloaded the newer version from Garmin the one with the goolge search integration. It worked with the sd card purchased from Garmin only. It was the SD card that cost money from garmin. This purchased SD card had the maps on it and the maps where some how tied to the serial number of the card so that the Garmin XT program will only work with the SD card purchased from Garmin. Since the program it self was free I see no harm in uploading it here. I will up load it if I can find it.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here are some useful questions and answers from the Garmin help websight.

Question: Can I register my Garmin Mobile XT card?
Answer:
The Garmin Mobile XT card is considered an accessory item. It is not an item that can be registered at this time. If the card is ever lost, damaged or stolen, a new card would have to be purchased. However, Mobile XT has been discontinued by Garmin and is no longer availble thorugh us directly, it may be available through third party vendors.

Last modified on: 03/23/2010
Question: Can I transfer maps to a larger memory card from my Garmin Mobile XT card?
Answer: No, the mapping on the pre-programmed Garmin Mobile XT card is locked to the internal serial number of that specific card. If you attempt to copy the mapping onto a larger card, you will be asked to enter an activation code which you will not have. Last modified on: 06/20/2008
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Below is what I found at this link http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=3389 at time of this posting.

Updates & Downloads

Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile software version 5.00.20w

as of September 25, 2008
Download (13.34 MB)

View installation instructions and system requirements
Notes:

• The Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile software is designed for use on Microsoft Windows Mobile Pocket PC and Smartphone devices.
  • You must have a previous version of the XT software installed on your SD card to have all of the help files, voice files and basemap files. These are not included with this update.
  • During installation, you will be prompted to turn on your GPS device.
  • A minimum card size of 256 MB is recommended for Garmin Mobile XT software with maps.
  • If you have previously installed the Garmin Que for Pocket PC application, you must uninstall Garmin Que before installing the Garmin Mobile XT application.
  • If you are updating from version 4.10.40 or earlier, you may encounter a new input screen the first time you start the application after the update. If you have a Garmin GPS receiver, select the appropriate link to connect to the receiver.
Change History

Changes made from version 5.00.10 to 5.00.20:

• Update the subcategories listed for City Navigator Europe 2009 maps.
  • Correct various out of memory conditions that can occur.
  • Correct the processing of a received Location Message to not save the point on the Recent Finds list.
  • Correct the processing of received text messages to not close the GMXT application when a text message is received without a subject.
  • Correct an error that occurs when a headset is plugged into some devices.
  • Correct the use of the directional pad for movement between hyperlinks within Flight Status.
  • Correct saving and editing waypoints with non-English characters.
Changes made from version 5.00.00 to 5.00.10:

• Correct My Locations list to display the last item on the list.
  • Correct display of the Estimated Departure Time within Flight Status.
  • Correct various Google Local Search and Panoramio language issues.
  • Correct Google Local Search to return to the correct previous page when selecting 'Back'.
  • Correct Panoramio display so that it doesn't wrap back to the first item after reaching the end of the list.
Changes made from version 4.xx.xx to 5.00.00:

• Update the look and feel of the Garmin Mobile XT application.
  • Add new Garmin Online feature - Google Local Search.
  • Add new Garmin Online feature - Panaramio photos.
  • Add new Garmin Online feature - Flight Status.
  • Add Speed Limit display to the View Map.
  • Add ability to install and display custom vehicle icons.
  • Modify 'Peerpoints' feature name to 'Location Message'.
Installation Instructions

1. As with any software update, you should always create a backup of the data on your device before beginning. Please see the information provided in the user manual for your device for more information.
  2. Close all open applications on your device.
  3. Insert the SD/CF card with the previous Garmin Mobile XT version files into your device. All files required for the application update will be copied to the SD/CF card.
  4. Connect your device to your PC via USB. Ensure ActiveSync is running and connected.
  5. To begin the SD/CF card setup, select the 'Download' link found on this web page.
  6. Select to 'Run' or 'Save' the file. Selecting 'Run' will immediately launch the install program. Selecting 'Save', will save the file to your PC and require you to launch the install program from the saved location.
  7. Follow the directions provided when running the downloaded program and directions provided on the device display to complete the application update.
  8. You will need to keep the SD/CF card inserted in your device for the voice, help and basemap files. This SD/CF card can also be used to hold your detailed maps.
  9. After completing these steps, verify the update was successful by going to Settings -> About within the Garmin Mobile XT application.
System requirements

1. IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP or later operating system and an available USB port.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Garmins notes says with this download (You must have a previous version of the XT software installed on your SD card to have all of the help files, voice files and basemap files.) I dont know if this means you wont have the option of girl vs man voice or if you will simply have no voice at all. Any one know?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Garmin makes these links very hard to find it took me for ever. You may have to first install the older version but if I where you Id try just installing the new one first and report back here if the voice works so we all know if we actually need to install the older version first. Now to make your larger SD Card work with Garmin XT Google is you friend here. There are places and ways to get maps working with a larger SD card. These ways where created by frustrated ligatamet owners of Garmin XT that just wanted it on a larger card. But now Garmin no longer even sells XT so Google it up my friend and you will find. And when you do you will probably find that the downloads come with all of the below files needed and more.

Ok here are the support files and base map and any other XT download Garmin is currently serving.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/colle...t=010-10844-00

Updates & Downloads

Garmin Mobile XT Navigation for Smartphones

Unit Software

• Garmin Mobile XT for Palm , Ver. 5.00.10p, as of Sep 23, 2008, Download
  • Garmin Mobile XT for Palm (for older devices), Ver. 4.10.30p, as of Nov 14, 2007, Download
  • Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian S60 2nd Edition, Ver. 4.20.00, as of Jun 13, 2008, Download
  • Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian S60 3rd Edition, Ver. 5.00.50, as of Apr 15, 2009, Download
  • Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian UIQ3.0, Ver. 5.00.20, as of Nov 26, 2008, Download
  • Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile, Ver. 5.00.20w, as of Sep 25, 2008, Download
  • Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile (for older devices), Ver. 4.10.40w, as of Oct 12, 2007, Download
Additional Software

• Garmin Mobile XT Free Basemap, Ver. 4.xx.xx, as of Apr 19, 2007, Download
  • Garmin Mobile XT Support Files, Ver. 4.xx.xx, as of Jul 11, 2007, Download

Last edited by travissand; 07-29-2010 at 05:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
Is it fun being a jacka$$?

Look, the number one result when you do what you suggested is a 404 error. Literally, it's an actual link to http://www8.garmin.com/products/mobilext with the title "404 error". Garmin has discontinued the product, so to someone who doesn't currently have it, they have to find a retailer that still has it, pay for it, then pay separately for map updates. I'm not looking to get in a flame war here. I was responding to a poster asking about how to know whether the copy he was looking to purchase would have the latest maps. My answer was that it won't, and that is correct.
ya being right is fun. is it fun being a moron?
http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=3389
there you go moron. on garmins site it self. learn how a search function works. you don't want a pissing contest cause you will end up all wet. i know wtf im talking about.

edit ////////////////

thanks travissand.... see how easy it was to find when you use search. glad im not the only one with the ability to use common sense.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Last edited by kaos; 07-29-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Alright guys, drop whatever argument you have or move it to PM. No need for flaming on the boards...

Respect your fellow 'geekers!

Thanks,
-[sammich]
Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travissand View Post
I think Garmin lags more on my Touch pro then it did on my 6800. I did not notice any lag on my 6800. I think it was my over bloated rom on my Touch Pro that slowed it down or the gps settings. I will try it on my sprint 6.1 TP2 today. Garmin killed the ability to connect to the bluetooth headset on my brothers TP2 tmobile when the TP2 first came out. Had to hard re set to fix it, tested it 3 times.
Works Great on my TP2. Much better then my TP1. Still a little laggy but I think its due to my slow sd card. Im ordering a faster card to test 12-2010. I wish garmin still updated this software. It needs some work with peer points and handling contact stored on the phone.

If you click on the map and choose to save that location to your favorites it needs to have an option to save that location to your contacts on your phone instead. also if you do save it to you favorites in garmin it wont let you edit the name it just names it for you (Location 89) dont forget that 89 cause you have a lot of menus to go through to edit that name. Then when you want to see the map again hit back then hit back then hit back... Why not have an additional button that says back to map?
Old 11-24-2010, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

travis mine saves location to contacts no problem bro. if you search around you can tweak the reg in the phone to improve garmin alittle.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
travis mine saves location to contacts no problem bro. if you search around you can tweak the reg in the phone to improve garmin alittle.
Can you point me to somewhere that shows about the Garmin registry tweaks to improve its usability and user interface? All I can find is instructions on how to reduce lag and how to move to a larger storage card. Ive been googling for an hour. Id love to add some commenly needed buttons to some menus.
My garmin also saves to contacts fine but only when in options for a poi. If I click on the map and save that spot it will auto name it (location 5) and show in on the map. I then have to click on location 5 to see the location options. And clicking on location 5 is hard to do.
Oh I just figured it out but it still requires way to many steps. If I tap on a place on the map then instead of hitting save location tap on the icon in the top right (circle with an i inside) then click on the lable for the spot on the map, then click on options, then save to contacts. But it still forces me to use auto naming and that requires many many more steps to re name. And it wont let me save it to an existing contact. Instead click on tools/manage my data/contacts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2