PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
You pay insurance for lost/damage and also for break/fix. Break/fix are done in the store and if they can't fix it, they give you another phone. Its part of the all-inclusive insurance package if you have it.
Has Sprint changed their insurance policies with Asurion then? Not sure you follow what I was saying:

Normally you get your phone fixed/repaired in store, or replaced if its a faulty unit (like you buy a phone and 2 days later it breaks); not an insurance claim. You have to call Asurion for all other replacements.

Am I missing something?
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

With Sprint now the only way they let you file through Asurions website is if the phone is lost or stolen. There's a message on there that says if you need it fixed or replaced take it in to a store. And yes, they are replacing it with new in the box touch pro 2's if its something that cant be fixed due to the fact that touch pros more than double the claims of any of the other phones they have and theyre trying to put them out of circulation. They will still do the replacement through Asurion if they cant fix it in the store but they give you a choice of a replacement... so far its been 2 bb curves, tp2, bb tour and treo pro. And I think its a given most will select the tp2.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: SPRINT/SERO

yaco is just getting started

Would you still have to pay the $100 deductible?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

No you dont, as long as its not physical or liquid damaged
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

I've experienced it both ways. If I call sprint, or go to one of their stores, they direct you to Asurion. However, I've had my phone replaced (under the insurance plan, not warranty) at Wireless Giant and they ordered the phone (presumably through Asurion) and then exchanged it when it came in.

Good news is, my TP's keyboard is on its out, so maybe a TP2 is in my near future.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

anybody havin luck without insurance? I dont have insurance but they fixed my chrome and kb about a month ago for free and Im still having issues. Do you think they will just fix it again, say im SOL, or get me a tp2?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

Sorry to sound skeptical but I find it hard to believe that Sprint would exchange a defective TP for a just released TP2. The TP is still on the Sprint website and when I had to replace my defective TP about a month ago I received a new in the box TP. I currently have an issue with the radio not turning on after a re-boot. This happened to me twice in a row yesterday. It sounds like a defective phone and I am going to take it to the nearest Sprint repair store to see what can be done. If it does need to be replaced I will ask for the TP2 and report back with my findings. Thanks to everyone who has alerted the rest of us to this favorable turn of events.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Trust me they are, the TP2 was just put on recon status 4, same as TP1 and all those other phones Brownhornet mentioned. Like its been said, the TP1 was Sprints most replaced phone, they want it gone lol
Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero...Fresh
Carrier: sprint

bee976 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to bee976

just called my local sprint store, my TP2 is in the mail thanks OP.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Getting my replacement TP2 on Thursday. I'm on my 5th TP and my screen is starting to peel. Took it into the Repair store so they could verify the problem and say that it needed to be exchanged and had it put it into my notes. Called 888-211-4727 after I got home, hit 4 then 0, explained the situation told them about the internal memo, transferred me over to Advanced exchange (no phone number, you have to have them transfer you). Told them the story again, they verified and are sending me my phone. Thanks a bunch OP.

edit: However I was told when I was in the store because they didn't have any TP's that I would have to call in to have it replaced. So YMMV with trying to get it replaced in store.

Last edited by obamaftw08; 10-09-2009 at 04:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2