PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
Yes, meaning if you get a replacement phone that is not the same as yo had then you have 30 days (must keep all packaging) to say if the phone is something you wish to keep. After that 30 day time frame is up that phone would then have 1 yr (-30days you've already had it) and it would be considered under warranty. I have had to go through this issue 3 times with Sprint and Asurion. And I was even surprised that they started the 1 yr warranty on the phone over for the replacement device and stood by the 30 day period as well.
wish they had did that for me when I recieved my to as a replacement for my mogul. But if it is true then to for it. It never hurts to ask. That's how I ended up with the tp2 and the hero
Old 11-01-2009, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro sprint

starscalling is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint now replacing Touch Pro w/ Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Found this..... at sprintusers Posted by mrlifter.......06-11-2004, 05:27 PM
RadioShack sells a Wireless Phone Recorder that works on any phone that takes a universal headset.

Be aware that many states (including California and Washington DC) have laws that you must disclose to the caller that they are being recorded.

Where did Linda Tripp get her stuff? RadioShack. Because the guy that sold it to her told her about the law, he kept his job.

I use it and it works great. I plug it into a Optimus CTR-111 Casssette Recorder and bam, I've got a great recording.

In California it is illegal to record a phone conversation without telling the other person on the line. Even in your own home, i.e. "i know my kid/spouse is up to no good, so I'll just set this up and record it, it's my phone." That's illegal, even though it's technically your line.

It is legal however, if you're in a criminal investigation. For example, your spouse/significant other is calling you and telling you he/she is going to kill you (Terrorist Threats, 422 PC) and you've reported this to the police and they've opened an investigation. In that instance it's ok to record a conversation without informing the other party.

Dang, what street did I get off at.. what was the original question again.. :hee:

EDIT: Look here...http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm

"Business telephone" exception

The "business telephone" exception, which generally allows monitoring of calls and taping over an extension phone which is both provided to a subscriber in the ordinary course of a telephone company's business and is being used by that subscriber in the ordinary course of its business. This provision generally permits businesses to monitor the conversations of their employees, including personal conversations.
Penalties: The federal statutes provide criminal penalties for unlawful interception of telephone conversations, including up to five years' imprisonment or a maximum of $10,000 in fines. They also allow for civil remedies, by which private parties are entitled to recover actual and punitive damages, together with fees and costs.

States Requiring One Party Notification Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
District Of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Ohio
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

States Requiring Two Party Notification

California
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida Massachusetts
Maryland
Michigan
Montana New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Washington

And since i'm in socal:

California

Although California is a two-party state, it is also legal to record a conversation if you include a beep on the recorder and for the parties to hear. This information was included with my telephone bill.

now for the harder bits

California prohibits telephone monitoring or recording, including the use of information obtained through interception unless all parties to the conversation consent (California Penal Code Sections 631 & 632). There is no statutory business telephone exception and the relevant case law all but excludes this possibility. California courts have recognized "implied" consent as being sufficient to satisfy the statute where one party has expressly agreed to the taping and the other continues the conversation after having been informed that the call is being recorded. Violation is punishable by a fine of up to $2,500, imprisonment for not more than one year, or both. A civil plaintiff may recover the greater of $3,000 or three times the amount of any actual damages sustained.

for me personally this is the important bits:

California courts have recognized "implied" consent as being sufficient to satisfy the statute where one party has expressly agreed to the taping and the other continues the conversation after having been informed that the call is being recorded.

This could be read as something like:
Telco:
"this call may be recorded for quality control purposes"
hello, this is john, your _____ rep. this call may be recorded, can i have your [insert information here]"
Me:
"My name is blah, this call may be recorded for my purposes, my account # is blah."

At this point if they do not object I HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO RECORD THE CALL AND USE IT.

enjoi ^_^
Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Just as an addendum to the call recording laws:

Quote:
"According to California court case Kearney v. Salomon Smith Barney, Inc. (July 13, 2006) if you call from a one party notification state into California, then the two party notification law outweighs the one party notification law."
Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_recording_laws
So just because you're in a one party notification state doesn't always mean you're in the clear.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!

Last edited by Musicman247; 11-01-2009 at 07:37 AM. Reason: editing
Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badboy23 is a n00b

did you get the upgrade from the store or over the phone? i was told that since i had a crack, i need o call and claim it
Old 11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch PRO 2

LbC Ya562 is becoming a great contributor

Thats prettty messed up cuz Up until aboout a month agoo when I BOOUGHT My TP2 I had a total of 4 touch pro's.......they NEVER offered me a TP2......a week before I got my TP2 I even just got a refurbed one......
Old 11-04-2009, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbC Ya562 View Post
Thats prettty messed up cuz Up until aboout a month agoo when I BOOUGHT My TP2 I had a total of 4 touch pro's.......they NEVER offered me a TP2......a week before I got my TP2 I even just got a refurbed one......
happened to me, but 2 days after i bougt mine i got word of this, so i took my tp1 into the repair center and was put on a waiting list for the tp2. once i got it i sent my other one back
Old 11-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

KyleAsher is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to KyleAsher Send a message via Yahoo to KyleAsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
Yes this does fall in the 30 day time frame. They may try to give you some hassle but it is still part of the 30 days.
If you get it from Asurion (insurance) then NO you do not have 30 days. You get what you get. If its broken call them as soon as possible before a week passes. They will then send another. Other than that there is no 30 day policy with Asurion!
450 Non-Mobile Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data
Phones Used: HTC Touch, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Phone currently using: HTC Touch Pro2
San Antonio, Texas
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Syph3r is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckstar0814 View Post
Please, for those that have replied to my post, re-read it. This is a business. I will do my job and do what Sprint tells me but Sprint has not said replace the TP1 with the TP2. If they did I would. End of story.

For the person who said something about the unemployment line think, I may be there along with many others from Sprint that have been laid off due to cut backs because of people like you scamming the system. Thanks.
you must work at the baymeadows store in jacksonville...keep turning them away...when they jump ship, i'm sure sprint will reward you for being a company man.
I went to that exact store and they were all A-Holes! Said I would have to leave it for 2 Hours for them to do a diagnostic on the phone (And there wasn't a soul in the store) I said "2 Hours, are you crazy" I could tell they weren't going to give me a TP2 at all.

Went to the Sprint Store in Orange Park, FL and the took me in right away and the lady took it back to the tech and with in 5 mins she came back out and offered me a Touch Pro 2 and the option of all those other crappy Phones (Snap, Tour.....) I about craped my pants when she said she had a TP2 that I could have. I was so excited

For anyone with a touch pro looking to get upgraded, the key is (play dumb) and act like a customer that truly likes the phone just is plagued by faulty hardware. They will see that you are not a scammer but someone who has just had problems with the phone. Whatever you do DON'T GET UGLY! That will not help you get what you want.

Truth be told if it wasn't for someone returning the phone (The touch pro2 they gave me was a 30-day return) I dont think they would have given\ordered me one at all. So I guess you could say I was lucky.

FYI: I am a $30 SERO user with TEP and my plan was not changed. I still have my upgrade too, but I did have to give them back my TP1 (with the extended battery I bought) Oh well, I'm happy!

Old 11-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

sweet! i got mine from town center. you're absoluetly right. act like you love the tp while speaking in detail about it's problems. too many people start off screaming they don't want it and then sprint acts like they can't help.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

My store will only order refurbished ones, which have been out of stock since however long. I gave up waiting and took another tp1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2