PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bounty for working MS Bluetooth stack on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint any of you, but you're gonna be hard pressed to find an installable solution for this. Until the Hard SPL is released to allow custom ROMs, you're gonna have to either cope with what we've got. I'm not saying it won't happen at all ever, but it's not just as simple as a reg hack or a couple files.

Maybe this is HTC's way of agreeing with me that bluetooth headsets should be banned, lol...
We realize this, but my purpose in creating this thread was to get some of our chefs working on it and give them the financial incentive to do so, so that the solution will be available when the HardSPL comes out. I'd do it myself but I don't have the knowledge.

For some of us, not using a headset is not an option. I drive a stick so I'm one of those people, and trying to dig my phone out and get it out of its case to hang it up when you hit someone's voicemail while shifting, steering, and trying not to hit the person in front of you defeats the whole purpose of using a headset.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
I think you should set up a PayPal account to get people to donate to if your serious. I've seen too many times were people said they would contribute, just to disappear when it was time to pay up.

So set up a donation account on paypal and post a link here. Then keep updating the available balance in the account on this thread. However, I have no problem with the widcomm bluetooth stack except that my bluetooth headset sometimes needs two clicks to hang up and that my car bluetooth takes forever to hang up. Otherwise everything else works fine.
I have a personal paypal account, but I've never set one up to accept donations before. Perhaps you could direct me as to how this can be done?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Works fine for me, but the MS stack is better so I will donate $5 for a working MS BT Stack.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Oh don't get me wrong... I understand all the reasons for using them, lol... it was a joke really.

And I think you're going to get plenty of ROM chefs who agree with putting the MS stack in their kitchens rather than WIDCOMM, but I've also seen a few that have already posted that they view the WIDCOMM to be superior and they won't go back. In any case, I think you'll not have a problem finding ones that do choose to use it.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:40 PM
grv
Lurker

grv is a n00b

$30 from me!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

All bt headsets are gay, everytime i see a person that talks on one while looking straight at me makes me very violent, but i do agree its very usefull in the car or when you need both hands for washing your dog, just please dont wear it while walking down the street. I have a premier business paypal account with excellent feedback of about 8 years, if i can help(i dont have the problem with bt set though) let me know

When you can tether for free?: D
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
I drive a stick so I'm one of those people, and trying to dig my phone out and get it out of its case to hang it up when you hit someone's voicemail while shifting, steering, and trying not to hit the person in front of you defeats the whole purpose of using a headset.
I have a novel idea, how about waiting until your car is stopped so you can do this safely instead of endangering yourself & everyone on the road around you??

~John
Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 PM
grv
Lurker

grv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have a novel idea, how about waiting until your car is stopped so you can do this safely instead of endangering yourself & everyone on the road around you??

~John
I agree, for the moment that appears to be the only prudent option for some people with this phone. I just think that after all the hype and anticipation, it's just pretty frustrating to be derailed by something as basic as this. The hope in buying a high end phone is that it will be able to do basic things like hang up under what are commonly accepted as normal usage conditions.

There are a lot of smart people around here whose talents could probably be put to use in solving the issue. We're just trying to get some help with that.

Not trying to bait anyone or get myself flamed, it just seems like this particular problem is being discounted by most people, either because they don't have the problem, or because they wouldn't be caught dead wearing a BT headset in the first place.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

I gave up on BT headset for any windows phone. I have a Blueant BT speaker in my car that's really of no use along with a Plantronic, and jawbone 1. Luckily the speaker on the TP2 is great so I just leave it on the dash board in speaker mode when on a call. No complaints on the other end compared to when I'm using any type of BT device.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

ssteven365 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
That is a novel idea.

I propose we boycott drive-thru restaurants as well. Maybe even start a petition to ban radios from cars. Way to much stuff that could possibly distract a driver now a days.

At least if we had a working hands-free device for our phones we could use both hands to drive. I've never seen anybody eat McDonalds hands free. Just my $ 0.02

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2