PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bounty for working MS Bluetooth stack on TP2

I'm sick of this bluetooth stack and its neverending issues so I'm offering a $50 bounty for whoever can get the MS bluetooth stack working fully on an otherwise stock TP2 ROM for both Verizon and Sprint with the standard set of profiles (Headset/handsfree, PAN, OBEX, DUN, Stereo, File Transfer, Activesync, Print, etc. basically everything available on the TP1) and can explain how they did it. Any and all methods are acceptable, including an installable .cab or cooking it into the stock ROM.

If the Widcomm stack works fine for you, then great and this topic does not concern you. This thread is not to debate which stack is better or for people to share their experiences on what works. It is for donating to the bounty for a working MS stack ONLY.

As I've never setup a bounty before, if someone could PM me the easiest way to do this I would be very grateful.

Anyone else who wishes to contribute, please post your amount below and PM me. will keep track of the total amount so far at the bottom of this post.

Current Total Bounty: $145 (11/17 8:44 AM)

Last edited by helix139; 11-17-2009 at 09:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work
Re: Bounty for working MS Bluetooth stack on TP2

$10 right here! (Yea, I'm cheap, but I just dropped $350 on this phone haha)

As long is it permanent fix. Thanks to all!
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

I dont get what is wrong, I think it works fine. I've not had one issue with BT at all.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
I dont get what is wrong, I think it works fine. I've not had one issue with BT at all.
Headsets aren't hanging up, Voice command is having all kinds of problems, redialing isn't working, etc. There are numerous threads on this and if the Widcomm stack works fine for you, then great, but there are a great many of us who are VERY dissatisfied with it.

If Widcomm works for you, then fine. No need for you to post in this thread. Not to be a jerk, but this thread is for contributions to the bounty for those who want the option of using the MS stack only.

Last edited by helix139; 10-08-2009 at 11:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Headsets aren't hanging up, Voice command is having all kinds of problems, redialing isn't working, etc. There are numerous threads on this and if the Widcomm stack works fine for you, then great, but there are a great many of us who are VERY dissatisfied with it.

If Widcomm works for you, then fine. No need for you to post in this thread. Not to be a jerk, but this thread is for contributions to the bounty for those who want the option of using the MS stack only.
wow, I honestly do not have any of those issues and use them all. Could it be the headsets or devices? I use a q1 blueant and the thing is awesome, answering, hanging up....but yeah, good luck
Old 10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
wow, I honestly do not have any of those issues and use them all. Could it be the headsets or devices? I use a q1 blueant and the thing is awesome, answering, hanging up....but yeah, good luck
It's happening with multiple headsets and handsfree devices, including popular ones like the entire Jawbone series (which works perfectly on the MS stack) and is consistent from device to device, so no, that isn't the problem. As far as I know, only Nissans with factory nav had problems with the MS stack, so now instead of a small subset of users with no functionality, we have a very large subset of users with significant loss of functionality. It's not a hands free device if i have to dig my phone out of my center console every time I want to end a call.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

I think you should set up a PayPal account to get people to donate to if your serious. I've seen too many times were people said they would contribute, just to disappear when it was time to pay up.

So set up a donation account on paypal and post a link here. Then keep updating the available balance in the account on this thread. However, I have no problem with the widcomm bluetooth stack except that my bluetooth headset sometimes needs two clicks to hang up and that my car bluetooth takes forever to hang up. Otherwise everything else works fine.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I'm sorry to disappoint any of you, but you're gonna be hard pressed to find an installable solution for this. Until the Hard SPL is released to allow custom ROMs, you're gonna have to either cope with what we've got. I'm not saying it won't happen at all ever, but it's not just as simple as a reg hack or a couple files.

Maybe this is HTC's way of agreeing with me that bluetooth headsets should be banned, lol...
Old 10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint any of you, but you're gonna be hard pressed to find an installable solution for this. Until the Hard SPL is released to allow custom ROMs, you're gonna have to either cope with what we've got. I'm not saying it won't happen at all ever, but it's not just as simple as a reg hack or a couple files.

Maybe this is HTC's way of agreeing with me that bluetooth headsets should be banned, lol...
But I look so cool and slick with my bluetooth everywhere I go. Everyone is like, "Ohh look at that sexy dude with his cool bluetooth. He's so stylish. I wanna be like him."

NM...They're pretty gay but I have to wear it in my car, or I have to answer to my commander of the Air Force Base. You just have to find the least gayest one.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

faxmonkey is keeping up the good workfaxmonkey is keeping up the good work

I use it at church just in-case i get an important call.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2