PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use/find it necessary to use a Screen Protector for your TP2?
Yes 102 88.70%
No 13 11.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

PX32 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is a Screen Protector Necessary?

you can try http://www.phantomskinz.com They just got the skin for the sprint version and already have the other versions up as well. they also have an ongoing sale. apply independence33 and save 33% off of the screen or body protector.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

Okay, so let me get this straight.

Boxwave - harder plastic
Ghost Armor - halfway between - simi hard plastic
Zagg - Soft, Flexible, and sticky

I'm personally looking for something that allows my finger to move on the screen as if there were no protector on it. I also want something that is pretty much invisible. It sounds like both Ghost Armor and Boxwave would give me what I want. Is there one that is better than the other/ A reason to get one over the other? I'm seeing great reviews for both of these.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindRacer View Post

I'm personally looking for something that allows my finger to move on the screen as if there were no protector on it. I also want something that is pretty much invisible. .
That is the clear boxwave product to a T.

~John
Old 10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

Ok, that's great. The only thing that I'm concerned about, is that someone described it as a harder plastic. I don't know why, but this worries me. Is it just as easy to install, and is it thick/stick up off the screen a lot?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ok, that's great. The only thing that I'm concerned about, is that someone described it as a harder plastic. I don't know why, but this worries me. Is it just as easy to install, and is it thick/stick up off the screen a lot?
I just ordered the full body protector from zagg, If what you guys are saying is true about the screenie I will probably end up with an OEM one because it's working quite well so far lol.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...-pro2_3688.htm

This is the link to the Verizon version of the Boxwave Crystal. Why is it showing that there's a hole up top? Isn't that for Euro models only?

Will the Boxwave for the Verizon version come with this hole on the screen?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

Bump.

Does the Verizon Version of the Boxwave protector have the front camera hole on it? It is showing in the picture to the side in the link that I posted.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

chetqwerty is just getting started

Quote:
Bump.

Does the Verizon Version of the Boxwave protector have the front camera hole on it? It is showing in the picture to the side in the link that I posted.
Boxwave does not have the real Verizon version in stock yet. I ordered a GSM version anyway knowing it would have a hole in it and will order the non-hole Verizon version the second its available.

I am a little disappointed to see they are calling it the Verizon version because it is 100% not.

Once you try a Boxwave protector you wont use another. I bought a three pack for my Omnia and a year later still had the original on it with only a hairline 1/8 inch scratch! I know this is too much information but i have freakishly hard fingernails and scratched my first (luckily defective) Omnia the second day and my work i760 looks like a bear attack victim!

Serious, get one their great!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

Thanks for that first hand info. That's what I was worried about. It seems a little deceptive that they are calling it the Verizon Version. At least they have the picture on the side to make you second guess that it is perfect.

Do you know if they'll update the picture on their site once they actually offer the verizon one?

I've got a temporary protector that's covering about 90% of the screen. It's a super cheap one, and has so many bubbles, and orange peal, and tons of other things...and scratches super easy. So I'm hoping for the Boxwave Verizon version soon.

Let us all know when the actual Verizon Version is available if anyone sees it come on their site.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

That is right, mine does have the hole but it is off the edge of the useable screen & after it's installed you can hardly see it (I totally forgot about it)

If you use any of the hard covers, that complately obscures it anyway.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2