PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VzW
Threadstarter

mayoko185 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Should I keep my Tp2 or...

ok wow I think I hit a nerv... I dont mind windows mobile I love the fact that it can do many things the iphone cant multi tasking, dont need to ask apple what apps I can install etc. I think winmo is a wonderfull os for what it is. Iphone is NOT an option for me right now I hate hate hate att and vzw in my area is top noch. I chose my network 1st not my phone... I was just trying to get some pro/cons vs what else is out there or in the pipeline. Did not want to rile up any feathers...
Old 10-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

If VZW doesn't release an update, I'd say go for the Hero. Android is amazing and it keeps getting better.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would never trade my Touch Pro 2 for an Iphone or an Android phone. I have played with the Android OS and you can't customize it like you can with the Windows Mobile OS.

If I have helped you in anyway, please click Thank You.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
If VZW doesn't release an update, I'd say go for the Hero. Android is amazing and it keeps getting better.
thanks, thing is as others said the keyboard is really nice (infact im typeing this from my tp2). I love the fact I can make the phone look anyway I want with spb or tf3d or just winmo defult or other finger friendly home screen stuff... I dont hate winmo at all I love the flexablity just was hoping someone would convice me to not change I guess.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post
thanks, thing is as others said the keyboard is really nice (infact im typeing this from my tp2). I love the fact I can make the phone look anyway I want with spb or tf3d or just winmo defult or other finger friendly home screen stuff... I dont hate winmo at all I love the flexablity just was hoping someone would convice me to not change I guess.
Steve Jobs kills a kitten for every windows mobile phone put away...good enough reason?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
I would never trade my Touch Pro 2 for an Iphone or an Android phone. I have played with the Android OS and you can't customize it like you can with the Windows Mobile OS.
Are you f'in kidding me? It's Linux! You can do whatever you want to the phone! You can rig it to run LAMP if you so desire. It's the most versatile OS for phones there ever has been. Why? Because it is open-source.

And apps? TONS. And they are cheap or free.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick2080 View Post
Hmm..
Iphone Eh!!!
How about that i want a phone that doesnt make me look like a 5 yr old who wants a phone for the "games"
Games-get a PS3 portable

TP2- Main plus A keyboard, which rules, i would never ever go back to a software keyboard

I am sure that the TP2 does more, i cant complain about exchange sync, Iphone ( i am an IT admin), dont even start with the calendar sync issues..
Enuf said...

You want an Iphone get an Iphone, stop comparing the OS'es
note to self dont talk about the iphone on a windows mobile forum... anywho I agree in the end the TP2 prob can do more and I more than likely would not be happy with a iphone anyways (my buddy has one and I hear him complain about att all the time).

at the point about games, why not? why cant I have a phone that can play some good games that also can txt on easy has a sweet screen and serf the web with to boot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
get rid of your tp2... you obviously don't appreciate it or what winmo has to offer.
I love this phone its the best one iv ever owned so yeah I do appreciate it just want to look at all my options. Whats wrong with that? I realize however this was prob not the best place to post this for that im sorrry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Questions is...why did you buy this phone in the first place? what were you expecting from it?
Because for the moment im stuck with vzw and TP2 is one of the best phones on vzw atm. As far as what im expecting, I guess just wanted the ultimate all in one, talk, txt, email, light gaming, and some fun but ultimately useless apps like the iphone has. I know thats alot to ask from a phone...

Last edited by mayoko185; 10-06-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: found the multi qoute botton and added stuff
Old 10-06-2009, 07:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post
at the point about games, why not? why cant I have a phone that can play some good games that also can txt on easy has a sweet screen and serf the web with to boot?

Because for the moment im stuck with vzw and TP2 is one of the best phones on vzw atm. As far as what im expecting, I guess just wanted the ultimate all in one, talk, txt, email, light gaming, and some fun but ultimately useless apps like the iphone has. I know thats alot to ask from a phone...

Because if you had the perfect phone, why buy a new one? there will always be some sort of "Flaw" that will keep it away from being perfect so that you buy a next phone lol..its all part of the marketing plan...

Its like I always wonder..why can't they include 8gb-16gb ROM on the phones and always starve su with 512mb...sure there is a microsd card..but why not? it will be like 20$ extra..but to them its 20bucks in the pocket. They will always give you the bare minimum to keep you hooked.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

if you're an adult, it doesn't matter what anybody in this thread thinks. research the phones/os that you're interest in, and make a conscious decision. i'm pretty sure you already knew what the outcome of this thread would be before you started it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
if you're an adult, it doesn't matter what anybody in this thread thinks. research the phones/os that you're interest in, and make a conscious decision. i'm pretty sure you already knew what the outcome of this thread would be before you started it.
Ya know your 100% right, Im just having a little buyers remorse I guess. When I bought my TP2 I didint know vzw was going to have a android phone any time soon and with the recent news about HTC android phone with sense UI coming "within a few weeks" from diff news blogs/sites (found a link: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/1...torola-sholes/) im starting to rethink keeping the TP2 and taking a look at this new "hero" like phone. I wont make any dissensions till I get to play with a hero though.

I must say though I do think the TP2 is a MUCH sexier phone then the sprint hero or that htc phone in the engadget link. Not like that really matters in the end though, I dont buy a phone just on "looks" or else id never have bought my old baby vx6800 (I put that phone through hell ).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2