PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VzW

mayoko185 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I keep my Tp2 or...

...or take it back and wait for vzw to release an android phone (In a few weeks). See I love my TP2 in almost every way, it has a kick a** keyboard and a very nice screen. But... lets face it windows mobile is no iphone OS (which Iv played with alot and like mostly) or android (never played with it but I will for sure when my buddy gets his hero this weekend). And winmo 6.5 is really nothing more then some lipstick slapped on a pig, I only really want 6.5 for the new version of tf3d the rest is just gravy.

So to the point of my post, Im conflicted about what I should do stay with what I have or take it back and wait for something else. I know its not always greener on the other side and like I said I really like this phone. I know once the hspl is released itll improve things abit (and ill be able to get that new tf3d version). I know with my old ph the mogul custom roms breathed life into it a number of times but to be honist im kinda got tired after a while of flashing rom after rom to right to find the "right" one and im ready for something that just "works" without need/wanting to flash a new rom every week/month.

Sorry for the rambling but I would love yalls thoughts.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Should I keep my Tp2 or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post
... But... lets face it windows mobile is no iphone OS .

So go buy an iphone...........

~John
Old 10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post
...But... lets face it windows mobile is no iphone OS
You say that like its a bad thing....
Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
So go buy an iphone...........

~John
youre starting to sound like p-slim

to the op i don't agree with you. like the subzero stated, you say it like its a bad thing. if you like the iphone os then you should go buy a iphone. correct winmo is no iphone os nor would i want it to be. Its hard for us to answer your question because we like our os and are proud to have it.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

faxmonkey is keeping up the good workfaxmonkey is keeping up the good work

For me it depends on needs...

For business:
WifiRouter
Push e-mail
Voicemail -comes through as wav attachment in e-mail
keyboard (not touch-screen)

So.. i can't be productive with an iPhone or Android at this point. For me the choice is simple. Although i still would stick with the TP2 because i hate typing on the touch-screen even if i could do all those things on an iPhone or Android.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What android phone is coming out in a week on VZ network?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Only Android on VW is Moto Sholes and the Hero, idk release dates however
Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

get rid of your tp2... you obviously don't appreciate it or what winmo has to offer.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

If interface is all you need there are plenty of interfaces you can get..anythign from iPhone to android look a likes...I think you can even run a wm6.5 interface in wm6.1...

Questions is...why did you buy this phone in the first place? what were you expecting from it?

So you know..its not like iPhone just works..it just restricts you from doing anything that won't work...its like saying..you are free to pick anything as long as its one of these 2 options.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 10-06-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 (my precious)
Carrier: VZ

vick2080 is becoming a great contributor

Hmm..
Iphone Eh!!!
How about that i want a phone that doesnt make me look like a 5 yr old who wants a phone for the "games"
Games-get a PS3 portable

TP2- Main plus A keyboard, which rules, i would never ever go back to a software keyboard

I am sure that the TP2 does more, i cant complain about exchange sync, Iphone ( i am an IT admin), dont even start with the calendar sync issues..
Enuf said...

You want an Iphone get an Iphone, stop comparing the OS'es
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2