PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Garmin Mobile XT Gps Lag

sorry but i just dont see any lag....maybe some would say omg this is lagging but the way it runs on my device i would honestly not describe as visible lag at all
Old 10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
PM me for the card fix & yes, they all lag (that is an inherent problem of the TP2)

Anyone claiming no lag doesn't know what lag is.

~John
I've been using it for a week now, and I haven't noticed any significant lag. It tends to be slightly behind my Nuvi unit in my car, but just barely.

I guess I clearly don't know what lag is. Maybe I'm able to briefly travel through time and skip all of the lag.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Say you’re travelling north and you have to make a right on 4th street. You make the right on 4th street and you’re a little ways down on 4th. But the car on the gps is just making the right turn on 4th.

I’m not sure why I’m having this issue b/c I never had this issue with my Touch Pro. I need to try TomTom on the TouchPro2, but I was weary since I read so many are having issues with TomTom and people for the most part are having good luck with Garmin Mobile XT.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
Say you’re travelling north and you have to make a right on 4th street. You make the right on 4th street and you’re a little ways down on 4th. But the car on the gps is just making the right turn on 4th.
The longest I've noticed mine taking is a couple seconds after making such a turn. The stand alone unit in my car is typically dead-on, with the phone having a delay of a couple seconds or so.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
igo8 is no better than GarminXT

~John
And igo8 requires a data connection. So unlike Garmin, igo8 won't show anything when outside of data range. (Edit: I was mistaken, see below.)

It would be nice though if someone more familiar with igo8 could chime in with details to add it to this thread. It could be part of the feature comparison breakdown.

Last edited by darnell; 10-06-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HUH?? I used iGO8 up in the mountains in colorado with no problem Labor Day weekend..... Didn't have service or anything. It took a min to connect but it worked. Same as tomtom and garmin they all worked without service.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
HUH?? I used iGO8 up in the mountains in colorado with no problem Labor Day weekend..... Didn't have service or anything. It took a min to connect but it worked. Same as tomtom and garmin they all worked without service.
My mistake, sorry about that. Didn't know it had the maps on MicroSD. I must have gotten it confused with something else.

I do see that igo8 uses maps from TeleAtlas. Garmin uses NAVTEQ.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Verialltel

seanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good workseanborn1979 is keeping up the good work

Maybe it is just the settings that I have my TP set at....If I set the map detail to highest setting I get a lag of a few seconds. But if i turn it down to normal the lag goes away. It also doesn't lag when I am out in the country, only in congested areas.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
N00b

lacklustre484 is just getting started

Quote:
PM me for the card fix & yes, they all lag (that is an inherent problem of the TP2)

Anyone claiming no lag doesn't know what lag is.

~John
You must be doing something wrong. I've put it side by side with my Garmin Nuvi and NO lag whatsoever.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 PM
N00b
Carrier: VZW

dbrown2 is just getting started

I have IGO8, Garmin and Navteq on my 6800 and now my TP2. I also have all three on my Omnitech gps and all of them lag a little. But really its only by a few feet or so. I would think you would hear the "turn right" and see the road on the screen and turn right. Then you see the little car or whatever make the turn after just a few feet. It really is not a big deal for me since I can see the road on the screen and hear the voice prompt to prepare me for the turn. I don't think it would be very safe to make a turn based on the gps pointer on the screen imo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2