PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

tspnews is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW: Is Visual Voice Mail worth it?

I switched to it a few weeks ago ... as mentioned, the interface is very nice to have, seeing messages organized and listed by caller plus the ability to jump to parts of a message are great. It also allows you to quickly add the callers number into contacts. Also you can archive the message to your storage card.

I have 1 complaint and 1 wish.

Complaint .. the sound quality of messages is less than over the air ... but more like lower quality mp3 quality then choppy or noisy if that makes sense.

Wish .. Needs to support transcription, thats a big plus for google voice is that you can play but also see the transcribed words, its nice to be able to read messages if you in a meeting rather than listen.

I guess a free test would be nice if your on the fence but spending $3 for a month isn't the biggest loss if you don't like it.

Also, I disagree with comparing this to VZW Navigator VS other gps ... there really isn't a free or paid equal that would run as clean and integrated as the voice mail app. There are other companies that do the same but as mentioned they don't always work 100%.

Google voice would be a great great alternative if they made a real windows mobile interface and figure out number porting. Until then if you have a well used number its hard to make the switch.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2