PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Gotta say, this thread has really helped me out alot. Used to have issues with TTS when i ran iGO8 on the Touch Pro and didn't have much faith in it being better for the TP2. After the tweaks i found in this thread, TTS works EVERY time without shutting down the memory hungry Manilla 2.1.1920x

I don't really notice any lag with iGO either, so its very usable as a navi app.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
Gotta say, this thread has really helped me out alot. Used to have issues with TTS when i ran iGO8 on the Touch Pro and didn't have much faith in it being better for the TP2. After the tweaks i found in this thread, TTS works EVERY time without shutting down the memory hungry Manilla 2.1.1920x

I don't really notice any lag with iGO either, so its very usable as a navi app.

-s
What Rom are you running that iGO8 TTS works without shutting down Manila? I could do that on the stock Sprint Rom, but have found that on any cooked 6.5 Rom I need to shut Manila to get TTS to work.

If you're using a 6.5 Rom which are the tweaks that you used to get TTS to work with Manila running?

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

TTS sometimes will work right after rebooting, before all other crap loads up.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

ok, i cant go any further without some guidance. I been tryin to get this program workin since my pro days, and have never been able to get it. your instructions are the best ive seen and most helpful. But i am getting an error when the program launches. "initialization error: no language files were found", and it closes out. i thought it might be cause i hadnt installed the voices yet, but ive done that and its still doin the same thing. and i didnt have a tts log file by default. the instructions said replace it. any suggestion as to what im doin wrong?
Old 12-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Almost a VIP

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

\IGO8\content\lang needs a language file.

Don't unzip it. Just put the file in the folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lang_English-US - 2.zip (96.2 KB, 73 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ACHlLLES; 12-17-2009 at 05:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post

thanks for the clarifcation as to where to put em. the post said the root, but the was already a content folder in the root, so i was confused. you said dont unzip it right? i did that and am still gettin the same error. i placed that zipped file you just put up, in the lang file in the content folder. Im still gettin no voice files were found. Is the voice file in content supposed to be empty? Cause mine is. Or am i missin a step of puttin somethin in there?

Hold up, im a moron. I was extracting out of the voice folder again. Im tryin that now. lol

Last edited by jnuts5423; 12-17-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:

OHH SNAP! its workin. You have no idea how long i been tryin to get this to work, and here it is. thank you so much for your input on the language, and a big thanks to xpsworm. this is the thread of the year for me. Now Im goin for that skin. But that link for the skin doesnt work for me. I do have a question. I dont see any buildings or 3D stuff like that like the demo video on youtube shows. is that somethin special i have to download for my area? Or is it just available for major cities?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Almost a VIP

Google gps underground. Lot of tips and tricks there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Google gps underground. Lot of tips and tricks there.
Thats why i love this forum the best. thanks bro. That helps tremendously. One last question, and i think i got it. How do i create the icon in programs. I know its been discussed, and someone was told to use TC. I have to TC, but dont see and option to make the iGO8 exe, a shortcut. I think i got a grip on everything else. This skin really sets it off. again, cant thank you guys enough
Old 12-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Almost a VIP

google total commander and use it to create shortcut

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps