PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 10:46 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: "Full QWERTY keypad replaced by "Phone keypad." Help!

FYI, you're note about reproducing the keypad was posted earlier in this same thread on post # 18. That particular keypad is supposed to appear when in that particular calendar field. However, when you move off it and onto another field the normal keyboard should appear. This is by design.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cfong is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
FYI, you're note about reproducing the keypad was posted earlier in this same thread on post # 18. That particular keypad is supposed to appear when in that particular calendar field. However, when you move off it and onto another field the normal keyboard should appear. This is by design.
CovKid66,

Thank you for replying. Iunderstand that the numeral keypad should appear for that field. the problem is that the regular full qwerty doesn't come back. It won't come back when I move back to the subject field or even after I close the calender and move to email or SMS. It's just stuck like that until I run your fix cab file. If I were to click the triangle next to the little keypad logo at the center bottom of the screen, it'll show me that I am having full qwerty keypad, while of course, I am not.

By the way, I saw two different fixstucktp2keyboard.cab files from this forum, one is 1kb in size, the other 452B. What is the difference between them?

Thanks again for you help.

Last edited by cfong; 12-20-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:45 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfong View Post
CovKid66,

Thank you for replying. Iunderstand that the numeral keypad should appear for that field. the problem is that the regular full qwerty doesn't come back. It won't come back when I move back to the subject field or even after I close the calender and move to email or SMS. It's just stuck like that until I run your fix cab file. If I were to click the triangle next to the little keypad logo at the center bottom of the screen, it'll show me that I am having full qwerty keypad, while of course, I am not.

By the way, I saw two different fixstucktp2keyboard.cab files from this forum, one is 1kb in size, the other 452B. What is the difference between them?

Thanks again for you help.
Can you PM me both the cabs and I'll look at them for you, or at a minimum post links to where you found them?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I installed SPB Mobile Shell 3. It doesn't have this problem. When you select the date and time field, the keypad simply stays full qwerty. You need to hit the "123" button to switch to the numeral keypad, which is fine by me.

I have to say after using SPB, I will never be back to TF3D. SPB is much more efficient. it makes better use of the home screen space. The operation is also more efficient, without the fancy but useless things like envelop email view. The only thing I will miss is the stock application from TF3D.
And thank God that giantic digital clock from TF3D is gone.

Also, the classic word completion is working fine also.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CovKid66,

Thank you for offering to help. The 452b file was from this thread. I can send you the one that is 1kB. Sorry but I don't know how to PM it from this forum.

Both cab can restore the full qwerty keypad. The problem is that the next time you go to Calender to setup a new appointment, the same thing happens again. Then you have to run the fix cab file again, it's like a tug of war. Again, this doesn't happen with SPB.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have to swallow my words. After changing to SPB, the stuck keypad came back. I do believe however, that the issue can be resolved. Below is my observations:

1. if classic word completion is uninstalled, there is NO stuck keypad issue. (unfortunately I really like classic word completion).

2. There are two different versions of classic word completion cab files. I downloaded both from ppcgeeks.com. The first file is called "classic word completion.cab", the second one is called "classic_word_completion.cab". The second one is posted by GoodThings2Life in the "touch pro 2 cleanup" thread.

3. The first cab file "classic word completion.cab" causes the full qwerty to turn to a numeral keypad when setting a new appointment, and it sticks, no matter what you do. The only way to get out of trance is to run fixstuckTP2keyboad.cab. But then when you setup a new appointment, it comes back. Not acceptable.

4. The second one posted by GoodTings2Life also changes the full qwerty to the numeral keypad. However, once you close the new appointment application, the keypad returns to normal full qwerty. So this is acceptable.

5. The only issue with GoodThings2Life's "classic_word_completion.cab" is that the word completion suggests only 1 word, rather than 4. It'll be perfect if a change could be made such that the word completion suggests 4 words.

Thank you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
keypad, qwerty