PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   "Full QWERTY keypad replaced by "Phone keypad." Help! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88637)

twodomes 10-03-2009 06:57 PM

"Full QWERTY keypad replaced by "Phone keypad." Help!

I searched and could not find the answer to this. For some reason, my TP2 has started displaying the "phone keypad" even though I have the "full qwerty" keypad selected. It's happening when I try to reply to an email or test and in calendar. I saw that someone had a similar issue but they did some registry edits that caused it, and I didn't touch the registry. If I change it to "Keyboard" that works, but it's too small for me to hit the buttons effectively so I like to use the full qwerty.

I did install good2life's cleanup but that was days ago and this problem just started today. I added a couple other cabs when I installed the cleanup but that's it, and I haven't edited the registry at all.

Can anybody hlep me figure out what's wrong? I did 2 soft resets and nothing changed...

bostonshaker 10-03-2009 07:12 PM

Re: "Full QWERTY keypad replaced by "Phone keypad." Help!

On the center of the screen at the bottom is an icon that looks somewhat like a keyboard and an arrow pointing up just to the right. If you hit that arrow with your stylus it gives you the keypad options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twodomes (Post 1211961)
I searched and could not find the answer to this. For some reason, my TP2 has started displaying the "phone keypad" even though I have the "full qwerty" keypad selected. It's happening when I try to reply to an email or test and in calendar. I saw that someone had a similar issue but they did some registry edits that caused it, and I didn't touch the registry. If I change it to "Keyboard" that works, but it's too small for me to hit the buttons effectively so I like to use the full qwerty.

I did install good2life's cleanup but that was days ago and this problem just started today. I added a couple other cabs when I installed the cleanup but that's it, and I haven't edited the registry at all.

Can anybody hlep me figure out what's wrong? I did 2 soft resets and nothing changed...

twodomes 10-03-2009 07:21 PM

Yes, I know. When I click on that arrow, it says that I have full qwerty selected, but it is still displaying the phone keypad for some reason. Thanks for trying to help...

CovKid66 10-03-2009 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That fix will NOT resolve this unfortunately. Once you've got this phone keyboard enabled, it's very hard to get rid of. I've had this happen myself, both on a cooked TP1 ROM, and since then on my TP2. I don't recall what triggered it, but a program popped up the SIP in this phone mode, and then it's literally impossible to revert back to the normal Rhodium keyboard without some kind of fix!!! A bug for sure.

I've found that if you install the attached, then uninstall it, you should be back to normal. Don't ask me why, but it works.

twodomes 10-03-2009 07:31 PM

trying it now covkid66. brb.

btw, further searching did lead me to another thread where people seem to be having this issue as well"

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...86#post1203686

bostonshaker 10-03-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twodomes (Post 1212014)
Yes, I know. When I click on that arrow, it says that I have full qwerty selected, but it is still displaying the phone keypad for some reason. Thanks for trying to help...

Well, that sucks, sorry I couldn't help.

L4z3r 10-03-2009 07:32 PM

Did you by any chance add the tweak for auto complete ? It has a bug that does this. Here is the link and how to revert back
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=425405&page=3

It changed the keyboard layout to the layout used for the web. complete with @ and .com buttons. the bad part was also no space bar at the bottom it was impossible to send a quick text message with no space bar unless I used the built in keyboard.

Here is the fix ONLY if you did this tweak
Would someone be kind enough to let me know how to restore the inputs and what's your registry settings for this two keys as I've tried restoring it but to no avail.

If you didnt notice, it screws up your Compact and Full Qwerty keyboard input.

Sure here it is
be sure that HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\XT9SupportMSSip has a value of 0.
Simply change these two registry keys under:
HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\layouts\e 0010409
Change from the setting in-Ime File :\windows\compime.dll
Back to -Ime File : \windows\xt9ime.dll

Then change Layout Text back to XT9 IME
from Layout Text : COMP IME
And soft reset.

Hope it helps

CovKid66 10-03-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L4z3r (Post 1212033)
Did you by any chance add the tweak for auto complete ? It has a bug that does this. Here is the link and how to revert back
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=425405&page=3

It changed the keyboard layout to the layout used for the web. complete with @ and .com buttons. the bad part was also no space bar at the bottom it was impossible to send a quick text message with no space bar unless I used the built in keyboard.

Here is the fix ONLY if you did this tweak
Would someone be kind enough to let me know how to restore the inputs and what's your registry settings for this two keys as I've tried restoring it but to no avail.

If you didnt notice, it screws up your Compact and Full Qwerty keyboard input.
Sure here it is
be sure that HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\XT9SupportMSSip has a value of 0.
Simply change these two registry keys under:
HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\layouts\e 0010409
Change from the setting in-Ime File :\windows\compime.dll
Back to -Ime File : \windows\xt9ime.dll

Then change Layout Text back to XT9 IME
from Layout Text : COMP IME
And soft reset.

Hope it helps

That's exactly what installing and then uninstalling the Classic Word Completion cab does.

twodomes 10-03-2009 07:37 PM

Installed it, did a soft reset, and it's back to normal!! thanks very much covkid66... I didn't even uninstall it though. do you think I should go ahead and do so or just leave it as is?

CovKid66 10-03-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twodomes (Post 1212040)
Installed it, did a soft reset, and it's back to normal!! thanks very much covkid66... I didn't even uninstall it though. do you think I should go ahead and do so or just leave it as is?

No, uninstall it. Otherwise you'll actually have the "Classic Word Completion" feature installed and although it's very cool, and I use to promote it / use it...it has a bug that was identified on the TP2....it disables certain keys like the SYM...depending upon your carrier.