PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 07:40 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: "Full QWERTY keypad replaced by "Phone keypad." Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodomes View Post
trying it now covkid66. brb.

btw, further searching did lead me to another thread where people seem to be having this issue as well"

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...86#post1203686
I just posted the same fix on that thread too. What the hell

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

twodomes is a n00b

when i go to settings, remove programs, is it the one titled "reghack classic ime tweak"? I don't see one titled "classic word completion".

edit: I figured out that it is that one. I removed it, did a soft reset.... and now I'm having the same problem again! Ugh, so frustrating! Any thoughts?

I am going to install it again and leave it for now until I see the other problems you mentioned.

Last edited by twodomes; 10-03-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twodomes is a n00b

btw, not to go off topic, but do you know anything about having issues syncing appointments from outlook calendar to the phone? If I create the appointment on my phone and then sync, it shows up in outlook on my pc. But if I create the appointment in outlook on my pc, it doesn't show up on my phone's calendar. Any chance you can make my day twice?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:26 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
btw, not to go off topic, but do you know anything about having issues syncing appointments from outlook calendar to the phone? If I create the appointment on my phone and then sync, it shows up in outlook on my pc. But if I create the appointment in outlook on my pc, it doesn't show up on my phone's calendar. Any chance you can make my day twice?
Check the other thread you started about this. There are some questions for you over there.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
when i go to settings, remove programs, is it the one titled "reghack classic ime tweak"? I don't see one titled "classic word completion".

edit: I figured out that it is that one. I removed it, did a soft reset.... and now I'm having the same problem again! Ugh, so frustrating! Any thoughts?

I am going to install it again and leave it for now until I see the other problems you mentioned.
Hmmm, that's not good Try switching to a different keyboard, then uninstall the "reghack classic ime tweak", then switch the keyboard back, and see what happens. I guess we can also wait and see what feedback we get from the other thread you mentioned where I posted the same fix i.e. we'll see if that threadstarter has the same issue after uninstalling the cab.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:

I'm still looking at this, and if you could try something for me it would hopefully help you and others with the same problem...

Would you uninstall that Classic Word Completion cab, and then if you're back to that stupid phone keypad, can you check this registry key?

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e001 0409

And provide the current settings for the "Ime File" and "Layout Text" keys?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

chachy7777777 is just getting started

On my TP and TP2, I found that Opera was causing this problem. To fix it, I simply opened Opera and tapped a text entry field. The "full keyboard" would then return to normal. Give this a shot.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

The Calendar app also causes this when you click on the Date Select field when creating a new appointment. Extremely annoying.

Anyway, the most precise way to fix it is as chachy posted above, OR by using a registry editor to change the "CurrentET9Style" value located at HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME back to 0 instead of 1, 2, or 3.

Incidentally, I'm on a crusade this week to see if this can't be remedied. Who knows if I'll be successful or not, but I figure it's worth a shot.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

twodomes is a n00b

@Covkid66, I'd be happy to but I actually don't have a registry editor on my phone. I'm too inexperienced to mess with the registry. Is there a way to check that setting without an editor?

@ GT2L, if anyone can figure out how to fix it, it's you! Good luck!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
@Covkid66, I'd be happy to but I actually don't have a registry editor on my phone. I'm too inexperienced to mess with the registry. Is there a way to check that setting without an editor?

@ GT2L, if anyone can figure out how to fix it, it's you! Good luck!
Try this cab instead then and let me know.

EDIT: Changed cab to GoodThings2Life's et9ime settings instead of my windowset9ime settings.
Attached Files
File Type: cab FixStuckTP2Keyboard.cab (452 Bytes, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by CovKid66; 10-06-2009 at 11:09 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
keypad, qwerty