PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DIY Black VZW battery cover (pics!)

someone at ssk did this too, that's where i first heard about it

http://www.sskusers.net/support/showthread.php?t=203

i found that if you leave the stylus in the dye it only blackens the tip and the part that sticks out the battery cover. I also have put an invisible shield over it with excellent results, and eliminates chances of the dye rubbing off (OP at ssk said it began rubbing off after a while)
Old 10-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva
Pics of mine done tonight with my how to... :)

Just did the dye job tonight and couldn't be happier. I've attached a pic of the finished product as well as my redneck rig to dye only the visible part of the stylus.

I predissolved the dye in 2 cups of almost boiling water along with 1 tablespoon of powdered laundry detergent. Once mixed, I added the predissolved dye to 8 cups of almost boiling water on the stove.

The directions in the box call for the item to simmer on the stove but I didn't want to take that chance with the plastic so I removed the dye bath from the heat as I put the cover and stylus in. It was still plenty hot, even after the 30 mins was up, to get the job done.

After 30 mins in the dye bath, I began rinsing the items in warm water and gradually made to the transition to cold water.

Nate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_150.jpg (622.4 KB, 180 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_149.jpg (612.0 KB, 139 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by djsiva; 10-09-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

mickeyleah is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgetsy View Post
I used a paint for plastic/rubber. I used this before with excellent results.
where did u get it from/brand. I used the sharpie, it came out purple and didn't stick
Old 10-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99accordv6 View Post
I can dye your touch pro 2 covers!

Virtually any color even pink!
How can you color the TP2 batt doors a lighter color than the back normally is?

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

hey look im bringing another thread back from the dead

what i want to know is for the people who did this. what does the battery cover look like now? did it rub off? have you dyed it more then once cuz it rubbed off?

im thinking of having my friend paint mine. he paints cars. and has lots of black paint.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post

what i want to know is for the people who did this. what does the battery cover look like now? did it rub off? have you dyed it more then once cuz it rubbed off?

im thinking of having my friend paint mine. he paints cars. and has lots of black paint.
Still looks great. No thin spots and nothing has rubbed off anywhere. I can't even imagine the phone without it. Hands down, it's the best aesthetic mod there is.

Nate
Old 01-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i used a sharpie to black out the map and it worked for a week, then the map came back.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post

I have invisible shield on mine and in those areas it hasn't rubbed off at all (of course). By the stylus it has rubbed off a little but not to the point of getting silver. I think it is just smearing from always pulling out the stylus, so it has turned a dark bronze color just on that corner. but it doesn't bother me really.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

if somebody could mass produce these black battery covers, with the map off, and the soft reset hole, they would make a lot of money. i know i would buy one.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rnhok82 is keeping up the good workrnhok82 is keeping up the good work

Here are my extended battery cover dyed and my regular cover dyed as well. Unfortunately my volume rockers did bronze, but they don't look terrible on the extended cover since the mute button bronzed as well. Thanks Op.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0108.jpg (509.1 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0107.jpg (505.8 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2