PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Cool Re: Touch Pro 2 guts as wallpaper

Ok I did it, lots more involved then I'd figured it would be when I started hah. Consider this a tribute to santod's idea, not trying to steal his thunder which is why I'm using his thread. But this should be better in a number of ways:

1.) Remade the images using the same graphic I'm assuming he pulled from the PDF showing the internals. While this isn't really a "look into the phone" as it's actually the rear board with the MicroSD slot & camera that you're seeing, from the back of the phone, it's still the best picture of a full board we can use given how the internals are designed. Plus the RF shielding has been removed for the pics.
Unfortunately, this isn't a very high res image to start with - and it's slightly fisheyed. So there is some pixel expansion/blurring that is occurring since the phone's screen is so high res compared to the picture!! Also there is a lot of green push - the white sticker in the original pic was green, the circuit board is in fact more blue as the other pictures show. So I did some image editing to balance the colors correctly and sharpened it up a bit. Maybe someday someone (I wouldn't be surprised if I do at some point) will open this phone and take some high res pics we can use. Let me know if you see any (better pics) and i'll remake this.
2.) Made the image area actually correspond with the actual size\area you'd see thru a window the size of the screen's wallpaper (approx). IE it's 1:1 and correct aspect/size/alignment. Did this for Portait AND landscape so the image appears "fixed" when the screen is rotated. An effect best seen with "Change Screen" installed (for gyro flipping)
3.) Santod's image was unfortunately, upside down. That small square at the bottom is the camera. So I've flipped mine right side up. Also, because technically you're looking at the back of the phone, the MicroSD slot is on the wrong side. So I flipped it horizontally. Technically that's not correct but i figure it makes better sense this way.
4.) Made this in HD Walls, so that a different image is used in landscape so it stays looking nice. In addition, this will give you the same background on all tabs, even for Verizon/Sprint users. Just install the .cab to get what you see on all tabs

The cab file is attached to this post. Uninstall any existing HD Cabs wallpaper from your Remove Programs List, and any "back ground on all tabs" hacks, and set your WallPaper to Default, and then soft reset, to GUARANTEE this will work first try. Also attached is the flipped original image I used to make this in case people want to play with it further.

Below are two previews on my own phone with this .cab installed. Note: The way I have my phone currently setup doesn't jive well with this wallpaper, it's kinda hard to read things. However, it does show off the wallpaper well. YMMV! I am considering making another purposefully blurred, perhaps greyscale only version, of the same wallpaper for ease of readability. We'll see.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP2guts.jpg (319.3 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Protonus_TP2Guts_HD_Walls.cab (904.2 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: Touch Pro 2 guts as wallpaper

Here's what I was sort of thinking for a blurred, reduced contrast, greyscale version. This is a preview from HD Walls, just an idea, if others are interested let me know and perhaps I'll whip one together. This is in an effort to obtain readability esp. using the stock white font.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Excellent idea.. the touch screen phones were available since long time. But I never seen a wallpaper idea like this.. Truly unique!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:31 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Nicely done Protonus!!

Honestly I hadn't put near as much effort into mine, as you can tell, I'm sure.
Although I originally had it flipped like you mentioned, but it didn't look right at first. The way you flipped it looks great!

I really didn't know if anyone else would appreciate the concept or not.

Anyway, just wanted to say, "nicely done"! Also, I don't at all consider you stealing my idea, you just improved upon my poor attempt at an idea that I had. Thanks for sharing!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd love for someone to photoshop the original and make it black with lots of lights, just like it would be if you were looking through a window into the guts while it was still on...
Old 10-02-2009, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I'd love for someone to photoshop the original and make it black with lots of lights, just like it would be if you were looking through a window into the guts while it was still on...
errr... eh? The photo of the board in question is the back board, from the perspective of the back of the phone. That's why you can see the camera. There are no LED's back there other then the one for the mute button which is normally off. I'm wondering if you don't understand the way a phone is constructed, but the are many layers... the only layer that you would see lights, is the keyboard membrane layer which would be a very boring background, or the LCD screen itself, which, is well like looking at the screen normally.

If you were looking into a window into the phone with it on you would see nothing very exciting at all...
Old 10-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
errr... eh? The photo of the board in question is the back board, from the perspective of the back of the phone. That's why you can see the camera. There are no LED's back there other then the one for the mute button which is normally off. I'm wondering if you don't understand the way a phone is constructed, but the are many layers... the only layer that you would see lights, is the keyboard membrane layer which would be a very boring background, or the LCD screen itself, which, is well like looking at the screen normally.

If you were looking into a window into the phone with it on you would see nothing very exciting at all...
Yeah, but what's behind the monitor...

That's what I always aimed for when doing this with my desktop/laptop in doing the same thing. I used to work on that stuff as well as the wallpapers on desktops as if you were looking through a window to what's behind the monitor
Old 10-02-2009, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Yeah, but what's behind the monitor...

That's what I always aimed for when doing this with my desktop/laptop in doing the same thing. I used to work on that stuff as well as the wallpapers on desktops as if you were looking through a window to what's behind the monitor
uh... There is no monitor, there is a LCD. What's behind the LCD? Another circuit board, much like the one with the camera, but with less interesting features. here are at least 6 seperate layers of plastic, metal, circuitry, and membrane etc that make up the phone. I think you're oversimplifying the phones construction by a lot, maybe you've never seen the inside of modern electronics but there isn't anything photogenic going on at any layer.

Take a look at this, maybe it will clear up your confusion:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1254103424
That's the FCC dis-assembly document for the CDMA TP2 that the photo we used comes from. Granted, it doesn't show all boards at all angles but you should get an idea of how the phone is really constructed.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
uh... There is no monitor, there is a LCD. What's behind the LCD? Another circuit board, much like the one with the camera, but with less interesting features. here are at least 6 seperate layers of plastic, metal, circuitry, and membrane etc that make up the phone. I think you're oversimplifying the phones construction by a lot, maybe you've never seen the inside of modern electronics but there isn't anything photogenic going on at any layer.

Take a look at this, maybe it will clear up your confusion:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1254103424
That's the FCC dis-assembly document for the CDMA TP2 that the photo we used comes from. Granted, it doesn't show all boards at all angles but you should get an idea of how the phone is really constructed.
I've seen this before, but you're right there really isn't anything interesting about the top piece of the TP2. I was hoping for something realistic but if there's nothing interesting there, that's unfortunate. There used to be inside monitor wallpaper (esp CRT) back in the day, some with some nice lighting with it, but those are days of long ago! I guess I'll stick with my Ariel Rebel then...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (11.2 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4.jpg (12.4 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2