View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Protonus
PPCGeeks Regular

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: Touch Pro 2 guts as wallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Yeah, but what's behind the monitor...

That's what I always aimed for when doing this with my desktop/laptop in doing the same thing. I used to work on that stuff as well as the wallpapers on desktops as if you were looking through a window to what's behind the monitor
uh... There is no monitor, there is a LCD. What's behind the LCD? Another circuit board, much like the one with the camera, but with less interesting features. here are at least 6 seperate layers of plastic, metal, circuitry, and membrane etc that make up the phone. I think you're oversimplifying the phones construction by a lot, maybe you've never seen the inside of modern electronics but there isn't anything photogenic going on at any layer.

Take a look at this, maybe it will clear up your confusion:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1254103424
That's the FCC dis-assembly document for the CDMA TP2 that the photo we used comes from. Granted, it doesn't show all boards at all angles but you should get an idea of how the phone is really constructed.