PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jac187 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WiFi loosing network key

are you connecting your phone to you pc for syncing as well when wifi is enabled?

i have noticed that if i leave wifi on and then connect for syncing, the key is lost and it wont accept it. i have to enter router and refresh the network devices or reboot router. had this issue in the past with my 6700 as well.

sorry if this is a completely different issue.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

It doesn't matter if wifi is on when connected to the PC or not. It just constantly loses the wireless key. I had this issue briefly on my 6700 with WEP, but it disappeared at some point and never came back. I feel that it has something to do with either a file or registry value somewhere because it shouldn't work this way and there is a way that it will retain the proper key as it works fine on the 6800 I have here. Unfortunately, my battery is dying so I can't try anything else as I found something semi-promising over at XDA that I'm trying out in stages to see if everything in a cab fix is required or not. I'll post back with more info as I get it, but hopefully I can figure this out soon for the benefit of everyone.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Can anyone having this issue try making these two changes to the registry to see if it fixes your issue too?

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State]
"{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\TNETW12511"=dword:00000001
"{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\TNETWLN1"=dword:00000000
I found a cab that is supposed to fix the issue at XDA as I posted earlier, and I added those two keys and now it appears that my issue is fixed. Not sure what they control, but I've turned off wireless several times, soft reset as well, and it's held the key thus far. If it works for others, I'll make a cab with those two changes and post it for easier use for others.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, then try changing the following two values as well. Both should be at a default of '4'
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Unattended\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}]
@=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Resuming\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}]
@=dword:00000001

Last edited by imnuts; 09-29-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added more info
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sorry for double/triple posting, but as an update, I have applied all 4 of the above registry changes to my TP2, and since doing so, it has not lost the network key even once. There have been a few times were it just doesn't want to connect, but if I turn off wireless and then turn it back on, it connects fine and I don't have to re-enter the key. It would be nice if the others that posted saying they were having the same issue could try this as well and confirm that it works. I would think with as annoying as this is, people would want to try and fix it, but it doesn't seem that way since there has been no feedback.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 (from Titan)
Carrier: Verizon(Alltel)

csper is just getting started

I'm subscribed to the thread because I was having the same issue. I would be happy to test your reg changes, but for some reason my TP2 stopped dropping the key. I have no idea why. If it starts to drop it again, I'll test and report back. Thanks for the effort.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

rhyzar is a n00b

I just added all 4 registry keys, and opened wifi, and it instantly found my wpa2 network and connected as it should.
I tested right before editing the registry, and it wouldn't connect.

So....it worked perfectly, even after a soft reset.

Thanks for the find imnuts
Old 09-30-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hopefully this continues working. I have made a cab that should make the needed changes as well.
Attached Files
File Type: cab wireless_fix.cab (405 Bytes, 42 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2