PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

bilalhmd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a screen "lock"?

Another free program that I just found a little while ago over at XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
This has many options including locking when screen dims.
I was having problems with my phone unlocking in my case. I only realized yesterday that the magnet in the case was unlocking my phone and causing all sorts of problems.

One caveat. I was having a problem with the stock and 2 other locking programs (including this one) as nothing was working right (though I did not try pocket shield). I think it was the magnet in my case that was really causing all the problems so I am trying this one again because it locks the phone on waking or when it dims (so I never have to hit a lock button). Obviously I am using a different case.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam12 View Post
Best $10 I ever spent. Kept getting the alignment screen popping up in the case. Not an issue anymore.
4sure, pocketshield is def worth the price of admission. even back to my old tp1 s2u2 was just to inconsistent for me. PS is always on point for me. i tried to love s2u2 on the tp2 as well but until a new version comes out thats more compatible with our phone check out PS
Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

The stock locker program will get the job done. My only beef with it is when locking the phone. By holding the end key, it does lock the phone. But then you have to press the top bottom to turn the screen off. I guess I don't see a reason why you would want the screen to stay on if the phone is locked. It would be nice if you held the end button and it would lock the phone and turn the screen off. that would be ideal for me. Or maybe make it an option in the lock settings.

Now for the poster complaining about having to turn the screen on then press 2 onscreen buttons to unlock the phone being a PIA: I don't see any difference in making 2 very quick taps on the screen vs tapping a slider and having to slide your finger across the screen. I would almost think its faster to do 2 quick taps.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Just a thought, is it possible to use key commander to make the end key lock the phone and then turn the screen off just by long pressing it?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalhmd View Post
Another free program that I just found a little while ago over at XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
This has many options including locking when screen dims.
I was having problems with my phone unlocking in my case. I only realized yesterday that the magnet in the case was unlocking my phone and causing all sorts of problems.

One caveat. I was having a problem with the stock and 2 other locking programs (including this one) as nothing was working right (though I did not try pocket shield). I think it was the magnet in my case that was really causing all the problems so I am trying this one again because it locks the phone on waking or when it dims (so I never have to hit a lock button). Obviously I am using a different case.
The cases with magnetic clasps can indeed cause the screen to turn on. I was using my old Treo 700p case with the magnetic clasp and it happended all the time. PS prevented any further potentially embarrassing "butt" calls. Nevertheless, I've also purchased a new case. For those interested, BestBuy stocks one made by DIO and its actually for the iPhones. It is tight at first, but being leather after about a week its loosened up to where the fit is just right now, and it has a velcro closure rather than magnet. Haven't seen the screen come on accidentally since using it.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:28 PM
adam12

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I ahve a magnetic case. I have not noticed that the magnet turns my phone on. Just to be safe, I put the phone in the case screen side to my body.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam12 View Post
I ahve a magnetic case. I have not noticed that the magnet turns my phone on. Just to be safe, I put the phone in the case screen side to my body.
It might depend upon how strong the magnet is. My old Palm case had a pretty good size magnet and larger than others that I had tried. I also saw a magnet clasp case at Radio Shack that had a warning printed on the outside of the box that the magnetic clasp may cause touch screens to turn on unexpectedly.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My original TouchPro used to mess up in a magnetic case before I installed PocketShield (that cured the problem 100%).

What mine would do was ring & then it would answer the call as soon as I moved the case flap to open it. The call would be answered without me even knowing it, which was quite inconvenient at times & caused me to lose calls also without even realizing what was happening.

~John
Old 10-14-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Bigsmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
The stock locker program will get the job done. My only beef with it is when locking the phone. By holding the end key, it does lock the phone. But then you have to press the top bottom to turn the screen off. I guess I don't see a reason why you would want the screen to stay on if the phone is locked.
I personally like being able to see home screen info when the phone is locked. When locked, the backlight times out quickly after a screen tap (within 10 seconds) so it doesn't drain the battery too much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2