PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is there a screen "lock"? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87137)

BigD4822 09-25-2009 09:30 AM

Is there a screen "lock"?

I'm hoping that there is something more than just pressing the power button to turn the screen off. When i use just that option I take the phone out of my case and it will sometime be in the different parts of the phone. For now I have turned on the phone lock, but this is a pain in the ***, and I usually miss calls by the time I put in the unlock code. What are my options?

Thanks,
Dennis

AngeloUCF 09-25-2009 09:40 AM

Re: Is there a screen "lock"?

I press and hold the end call button and it prompts to lock the device. It's kind of slow though, I'd like a better solution. The pwer button screen lock is just annoying to me and awkward to reach

jmorton10 09-25-2009 09:45 AM

Try PocketShield, that is hands down the best locking/unlocking system available.

You can set it to unlock with the light sensor so it automatically unlocks when you pull it out of a case or your pocket.

~John

jimmyz 09-25-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD4822 (Post 1192620)
I'm hoping that there is something more than just pressing the power button to turn the screen off. When i use just that option I take the phone out of my case and it will sometime be in the different parts of the phone. For now I have turned on the phone lock, but this is a pain in the ***, and I usually miss calls by the time I put in the unlock code. What are my options?

Thanks,
Dennis

that is unusual behavior for the stock phone lock- I have it because of our exchange policy but when I get a phone call I do not need to enter an unlock code.
Also do you think it is possible that your case is turning your phone on? If your case has a magnetic closure try orienting the phone with the screen away from the magnet to prevent it from automatically turning on

BigD4822 09-25-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngeloUCF (Post 1192643)
I press and hold the end call button and it prompts to lock the device. It's kind of slow though, I'd like a better solution. The pwer button screen lock is just annoying to me and awkward to reach

I have tried to do this and it seems to put the phone in "air plane mode."

AngeloUCF 09-25-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD4822 (Post 1192747)
I have tried to do this and it seems to put the phone in "air plane mode."

Try going to Start > settings > all settings > buttons > end key tab

You can change the function there

BigD4822 09-25-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyz (Post 1192687)
that is unusual behavior for the stock phone lock- I have it because of our exchange policy but when I get a phone call I do not need to enter an unlock code.
Also do you think it is possible that your case is turning your phone on? If your case has a magnetic closure try orienting the phone with the screen away from the magnet to prevent it from automatically turning on

My bad, your right I can answer the phone with the phone lock on if its ringing. but for texting (and I do a lot of it) I have to unlock the phone even if i get a message.

BigD4822 09-25-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngeloUCF (Post 1192771)

That is what I was looking for. Thank you!

bmrisko 09-28-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngeloUCF (Post 1192771)

Is there any way this lock could be disabling itself? I can lock my phone before putting it in my case and when I pull it out the lock is no longer on. Kind of a pointless feature...unless something else is causing it to disable itself.

Also, S2U2 did some funky things to my phone, so that is out...

fishingmedic 09-28-2009 12:41 PM

+1 for pocketshield. It's not free but it's hands down the best app of that sort and you can unlock by doing different actions with the phone, sliding your up th escreen, etc. Take a look, I believe there's a trial for it.