PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 02:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: Seidio Has 1750 mah batteries for Sprint, Verizon & T- Mobile Available for Pre-o

I have had their batteries for a few different PPC phones and they've all worked as advertised. Will be buying one soon

Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: Seidio Has 1750 mah batteries for Sprint, Verizon & T- Mobile Available for Pre-o

It's such a small bump in the grand scheme of things, but it always seems to do the trick to boost these phones. Makes me wonder why HTC and the carriers skimp on this to begin with, lol.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

Maybe the electrical engineers can chime in here, but with the stock battery being 1500 mah, the Seidio at 1750 mah represents only a 16.7% increase. If the regular battery would last 9 hours, then this would last 1/6 more, or a total of 10.33 hours. Or does it not work this way??

What is the cost of this battery relative to a "regular" OEM battery at 1500 mah?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The difference in actual battery life will be too small to actually notice.

I have 4 of their 1500 batts for my old TP's & they are great batteries, but really aren't enough bigger to really give any noticeable extended life (you need to go to the extended back setup for that)

~John
Old 09-24-2009, 07:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

If I was in the market for a second battery I would definately consider this, but it's not an issue right now so it seems a bit expensive for the minor mAh bump.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
it seems a bit expensive for the minor mAh bump.
people need to look at these as very high quality spare batteries, NOT as something that will extend your talk time.

I will definitely buy one or two of them to have as spares when they release them, but if you're buying them with the intention of getting longer talk time you really will be disappointed.

~John
Old 09-24-2009, 08:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bmrisko is becoming a great contributor

How do these compare to the Mugen 1800 mah batteries for the TP2?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sevin7 is a n00b

1800mah, 1750mah, 1500mah - These are all ratings by the battery manufacturer. These ratings are not controlled by any specific standards. HTC did not skimp on the stock battery, they just rated it properly. Over rating battery capacities is like ATT and Verizon both telling you that they have the "fastest" or "biggest" network. There is no regulation on rating your batteries! Don't waste your money. It may be a very high quality battery, and it may add an ever so slight amount of extra battery life, but it sure is expensive.

I posted this in response to another thread about this battery before I saw this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86913

Looks like a scam. If the battery can fit under the stock cover, than it can't possibly be physically larger than the stock battery (unless they made it a tad bit thicker... but there is presumably a good reason why HTC's engineers didn't do that) . The extended Seidio battery and the stock battery are both lithium ion batteries, so they have the same energy density.

Battery makers love to over rate the capacity of their batteries, but the truth is two batteries using the same chemical composition of the same size, will have almost identical power capacities. Unless of course one of the batteries is very poorly made, which is not case the case with the stock TP2 battery.

To the people who are buying it: Conduct a controlled experiment with the stock battery and the new one, and I bet you won't find much of a difference.

Last edited by sevin7; 09-24-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevin7 View Post
1800mah, 1750mah, 1500mah - These are all ratings by the battery manufacturer. These ratings are not controlled by any specific standards. HTC did not skimp on the stock battery, they just rated it properly. Over rating battery capacities is like ATT and Verizon both telling you that they have the "fastest" or "biggest" network. There is no regulation on rating your batteries! Don't waste your money. It may be a very high quality battery, and it may add an ever so slight amount of extra battery life, but it sure is expensive.

I posted this in response to another thread about this battery before I saw this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86913

I largely agree with the above comments.

The TP1 and Diamond came with 1350/1340 mAh batteries. The Seidio replacement batteries are rated at 1500 mAh. I bought a total of 5 of the Seidio batteries, rotating them along with six of the OE batteries. All of the batteries were charged using Seidio's external chargers.

I observed the battery life on the TP1 and Diamond and found that the Seidio batteries did not offer ANY increase in life whatsoever. In some cases, it was worse.

I did the same with my old Centro, and observed the same. On the other hand, the 2400 mAh Treo 700w/x batteries did offer a noticable improvement over the the OE.

YMMV.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

I really don't see a need yet. I mean I take my phone off at 6am, and don't return it till around midnight or so. I do lots of calls, texts, sync two accounts every hours. I take a few qik vid through the day, check weather often...use google maps....this thing is awesome for me on battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2