View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:48 AM
snovvman
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio Has 1750 mah batteries for Sprint, Verizon & T- Mobile Available for Pre-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevin7 View Post
1800mah, 1750mah, 1500mah - These are all ratings by the battery manufacturer. These ratings are not controlled by any specific standards. HTC did not skimp on the stock battery, they just rated it properly. Over rating battery capacities is like ATT and Verizon both telling you that they have the "fastest" or "biggest" network. There is no regulation on rating your batteries! Don't waste your money. It may be a very high quality battery, and it may add an ever so slight amount of extra battery life, but it sure is expensive.

I posted this in response to another thread about this battery before I saw this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86913

I largely agree with the above comments.

The TP1 and Diamond came with 1350/1340 mAh batteries. The Seidio replacement batteries are rated at 1500 mAh. I bought a total of 5 of the Seidio batteries, rotating them along with six of the OE batteries. All of the batteries were charged using Seidio's external chargers.

I observed the battery life on the TP1 and Diamond and found that the Seidio batteries did not offer ANY increase in life whatsoever. In some cases, it was worse.

I did the same with my old Centro, and observed the same. On the other hand, the 2400 mAh Treo 700w/x batteries did offer a noticable improvement over the the OE.

YMMV.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

This post has been thanked 1 times.