PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
G-Mail Exchange Service Reliability?

Hey guys,

Quick question. I have been using G-Mail's Exchange Service since they launched it about a week or so ago.

Previously I was using ALOL.net.br for exchange service, which was great, although sometimes mail would be delayed.

With Gmail, I am getting everything BUT Push Email. Emails are delayed by 30-40 minutes sometimes. Sometimes I will get lucky and get a few as they arrive, but usually 90% of all emails are extremely delayed.

Other users who are using Gmails exchange service, please report on your reliability so far

and for clarification, this is exchange discussion only. Not pop/imap service
Old 09-30-2009, 12:26 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: G-Mail Exchange Service Reliability?

for the most part i get my emails right on time i would say 80% of the time. the other 20% i have to wait about 5 minutes or so but nothing like your experience.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp, tp2 and mytouch
Carrier: sprint, tmobile, tmobile

blueaudi18 is a n00b

earlier today my push email were really messed up. it started acting normal just a couple hrs ago. This is the second time that this has happen in a week of use. Maybe they are just updating some stuff.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

I guess i'll delete it and re-do the setup again.

It has not been reliable at all...
Old 09-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

@ 12:13 am - I received a private message on ppcgeeks

It is currently 12:42 am - I have no received the email notification yet stating that i have a new pm
Old 09-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

hmmm, the first couple of days I had a huge delay like you are saying, but after that, I'd say on Saturday or so, my emails have been coming in immediately as far as I know. (I'm still on a TP though, but shouldn't make a difference).
Old 09-30-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamnond, BB Bold
Carrier: Sprint, AT&T

Devilish is just getting started

I hate to ask this stupid question but what is the advantage of this exchange? Again sorry for the question.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

bstan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
I hate to ask this stupid question but what is the advantage of this exchange? Again sorry for the question.
You can have your email/contacts/calendar synced as items arrive rather than on a predetermined schedule (ie every 15 minutes).

I have been seeing random delays. Sometimes items will appear within three minutes, other times it will take up to three hours. No rhyme or reason.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Gmail has been very spotty the last two or three days, I am not sure whether that has anything to do with the exchange services, but I have been terribly annoyed. That being said, the service has been great for me.

Can't wait to get my Touch pro 2 tomorrow!!!

Used to be so good.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

similar experience for me. i loaded up the new gmail push on my tp2 and had the same email address setup to check every 10 minutes on my tp1 just to see. the gmail push was consistently 10 to 15 minutes late with my emails

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2