PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 10:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JSK0703 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon TP2 questions

I ordered my TP2 from Verizon on Friday and noticed that it wasn't compatible with my old Nationwide Premium plan which included Navigator. So I asked the sales rep about that and he said that I could add the Navigator service for $9.99 or I could download a GPS software program for WinMo and use that instead. Navigator was OK and did help me a couple times but for $120 per year I couldn't justify it anymore.

As far as WinMo 6.5 the phone rep I spoke with did say that there would be a free upgrade to 6.5 for the TP2. But as with any salesman I take that with a grain of salt!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: us-vzw

skyzalimit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon TP2 questions

Hi folks, I also got a verizon tp2. It's realy slick, and I love WM! First thing I did was to hack the registry, so now I can take geo-tagged pix. Even better, I downloaded an app that stores my GPS positions as I move around, and I can take photos with my Nikon and later match the time codes to have geo-tagged photos, which can then be put on a map. There's lots more things you can do.
I am confused about one thing--I got mine online, and it can run as a GSM phone or a CDMA phone depending on the settings. It was defaulting as GSM, and it worked in the US. If I go to upgrade ant ROMs myself, should I use the VZW CDMA HSPL?
t-hanks in advance-

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2