PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Pandora for Touch Pro2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85786)

Mustang46L 12-09-2009 06:22 PM

Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtitus (Post 1399691)
Hay, this is working GREEEAAAT!. I thought I was running this cab but just figured out I wasn't. Sprint TP2 OE ROM WM 6.1

Thank You.
You Geeks Rock!

I am using this one as well on Juicy R5 and it is working very well. Thanks.

Source: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1320085

p-slim 12-09-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46L (Post 1400033)
I am using this one as well on Juicy R5 and it is working very well. Thanks.

Source: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...85#post1320085

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1399960)
To each his own... I use it all day everyday and the quality is decent and plays in stereo... I wouldnt say its worse than mono... it sounds just as good to me as FM radio... even better if Im plugged direct into the device instead of BT...

Digital quality would be nice but for now Im happy with the program and service...

Anyone who hasnt tried it on their mobile yet I recommend you give it a try and make your own judgements on the quality... I ve heard people say it suck and others like myself who think its pretty darn good...

And the small buttons arent that bad either...

the only reason you guys are happy with this product is because you must not have tried any other version (like the one on the palm or the droid) or you're just happy to have pandora no matter what. If you compare this app to any of the other pandora apps then you will realize how garbage this app is. It is usable, so you can defintely here sound and operate the app, but the buttons and the sound are far inferior to any other. it would be embarrasing showing my pandora app to someone who has a palm pre and has pandora as well.

jmorton10 12-09-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1400043)
it would be embarrasing showing my pandora app to someone who has a palm pre and has pandora as well.

The iphone/ipod app is amazing also.

I use it in my ipod touch & it blows away the WM app in every way.......

~John

p-slim 12-09-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1400056)
The iphone/ipod app is amazing also.

I use it in my ipod touch & it blows away the WM app in every way.......

~John

the one for the touch and iphone is remarkable as well. its just sad that they have thrown windows mobile to the way side. the last winmo phones they actually support officially are the mogul and touch, the touch pro and diamond were out for a whole year and never got an update. Droid and palm get their update within a couple of months (touch have had theirs for awhile) it just seems so unfair.

dishe 12-09-2009 06:50 PM

So did you send them an email voicing your complaint?

p-slim 12-09-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishe (Post 1400118)

i didn't come back and post but i emailed them the 1st day someone put that up and i got that same standard reply about mulitpe platforms and its too hard, blah blah blah :disgust:

D\/8 12-09-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1400043)
the only reason you guys are happy with this product is because you must not have tried any other version (like the one on the palm or the droid) or you're just happy to have pandora no matter what. If you compare this app to any of the other pandora apps then you will realize how garbage this app is. It is usable, so you can defintely here sound and operate the app, but the buttons and the sound are far inferior to any other. it would be embarrasing showing my pandora app to someone who has a palm pre and has pandora as well.

again, to each his own... regardless of why Im happy with the app, the fact remains that I am happy with it...

My original post was to encourage people to make their own decission regarding quality... and to not be discouraged by the bashing that takes place in these threads...

If your sooo unhappy with a free product that works, Im sure there are alternatives out there for you...

p-slim 12-09-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV8Ways (Post 1400698)
again, to each his own... regardless of why Im happy with the app, the fact remains that I am happy with it...

My original post was to encourage people to make their own decission regarding quality... and to not be discouraged by the bashing that takes place in these threads...

If your sooo unhappy with a free product that works, Im sure there are alternatives out there for you...

i understand its a free product, but our purposes are different. you're here to encourage people be happy with a product that is free but of all 5 platforms (palm, winmo, android, apple, and blackberry) the winmo version is way below satisfactory compared to the others. thats my point and the reason why all winmo users should write to pandora.

c0011j 12-09-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianthobbit (Post 1319285)
This is absolutely pathetic that there is not a Pandora app yet. I remember last year following threads for the TP with the same problem. Only plays 10-15 secs, quality was terrible. Honestly how hard can it be to make a proper app for Pandora for the love of God!

Yeah I have given up. Groovefish works just fine for the moment.

Ludacrisvp 12-10-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishe (Post 1400118)

Yup I did, and I received a typical "its just too hard" type of response.
Quote:

I Sent this:
Hello,
As a user of Pandora for several years I would really like to see a new application made for the current Windows Mobile devices out there.
I currently have a Verizon branded HTC Touch Pro2 and it is in need of a good pandora application.
I have tried a version of the WM app designed for a different WM device that has been modified to run on this phone but it is really lacking in the audio quality department. I was using a BlackBerry Storm 9530 with Pandora and playing the music in my car with it and the audio quality was amazing. Now on the Touch Pro2 its not even good enough to listen to with headphones.
The music sounds like its coming in at 32kbps mp3 @ 22500hz sample rate mono for the WM pandora app but the Storm app sounded like 128kbps aac @ 44100hz sample rate.
I would really like to see a new WM app released. So would many others at ppcgeeks.com and xda-developers.com and howardforums.com
If a generic app that runs on multiple versions of WM (WM 2003, WM5, WM6.0, WM6.1, WM6.5, WM for smartphones) is too difficult I think limiting support to WM 6.1 and 6.5 would make things easier, then you are only supporting touch screen versions of WM that should have very decent hardware specs to run the program.
Thanks.

They replied with this:

Hi Erik,

Thanks very much for writing. Supporting more Windows Mobile devices is
definitely something that's on our radar. For several reasons (such as
the sound quality issue you experienced), it's among the more tricky
smartphone platforms to support. Adding only WM 6.1 or 6.5 is a good
idea too. Unfortunately we can't do everything we'd like to do at once.
It will probably be some time before we have a universal Windows Mobile
client ready.

You can find the list of currently supported WinMo devices here:
http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsmobile

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

cheers-
Tom K @ Pandora

More questions about Pandora? Please check our FAQ: http://blog.pandora.com/faq/