PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Pandora for Touch Pro2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85786)

dishe 12-10-2009 08:39 PM

Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

No, the emails have to be personalized... I'm looking to inform them, not spam them, that we are a community worth supporting!

Ludacrisvp 12-11-2009 06:16 AM

Re: Email sent!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugosugita (Post 1401855)
I hope you don't mind I SENT my email to pandora dev team using your email as a template. Would you have a problem if we used it as such for our other members?

Well it could be used as a sort of template, but they need to be personalized otherwise we just look like "oh its the same bs email from the same guy with another email addy."
I would advise sending the email from the same email your pandora account is made under that way they could see the real user-base that wants pandora on WM.

iLogiK 12-11-2009 10:15 AM

Here is another email I received: Supporting more WinMo devices is definitely something that's on our radar, but for several reasons, it's among the more tricky smartphone platforms to support. (One issue is that WM doesn't support the same audio codecs that other platforms do, so the audio quality at the same bandwidth is unfortunately much lower.) Unfortunately we can't do everything we'd like to do at once. That said, it's possible this will be something we can do in the future.

dishe 12-11-2009 03:22 PM

That's either a lie, BS excuse or misinformation!
A "codec" is just software! No device supports "codecs", its a question of the software playing it or not. WMP doesn't play divx video, but plenty of software like TCPMP and CorePlayer DO... would anyone say WM does not support divx??
What about the ILBC codec that Skype uses to process audio?
Out of the box, WM doesn't support ILBC audio streams, which is the propietary format used by Skype (I think). Once you install an app like Skype, it magically does... so, would anyone say that WM doesn't support ILBC?

More misinformation: They claimed to me that WM does not support the AAC codec, specifically. Meanwhile, I've been streaming AAC shoutcast streams for years. Kinoma Play, CorePlayer, Pocket Player, whatever player is bundled on Samsung phones lately... they ALL do it! Then they say that Pandora is a "complex" application, more complicated than just streaming audio, and too difficult to port to all styles of WM devices. Meanwhile, "less complex" applications stream AAC just fine.
I think even the latest WMP plays AAC natively. That's not a limitation of the OS!

This is utter BS. At least say it like it is: You don't care about WM.

fceeviper 12-14-2009 01:35 PM

Ok, so I have Pandora working on my Sprint TP2 thanks to you guys, but the songs cut off towards the end. I know I have to install Advance Config but I'm scared it might mess up my other programs.

Any whoo, can some post the latest cab of Advance Config for my Sprint Pro2 please?

curses 12-20-2009 05:56 PM

Email sent:

Quote:

To whom it may concern

I have been using Pandora Radio on my office PC for the last
couple of weeks and so far I have found it to be a very impressive
piece of software. I am prepared to pull the trigger on a paid
subscription contingent only upon the release of an updated windows
mobile client. I am currently using a Sprint branded 'HTC Touch Pro2'
and would love to be able to bring this app with me away from the
confines of my office. Are there any plans to release a client
compatible with this platform, supporting a touch screen with wvga
resolution? I look forward to any information you can provide
regarding this matter, and I will continue to check the website for
any updates pertaining to Windows Mobile.

Thank you for your time,
Mike
Got the same canned message though...
Quote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for writing. Supporting more Windows Mobile devices is definitely something that's on our radar, but for several reasons, it's among the more tricky smartphone platforms to support. Unfortunately we can't do everything we'd like to do at once. It will probably be some time before we support additional Windows Mobile devices.

If having Pandora on your phone iis a key feature for you right now, perhaps you'll consider one of the devices that is currently supported here: http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.
I really want this app but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

breakfastchef 12-20-2009 09:15 PM

I installed the Pandora+VGA+IVAN1+SC.cab on a stock Verizon TP2 and it works fine.

fceeviper 12-21-2009 12:45 AM

I have Panodra working on my phone, wooowhoo!

Now if only we can make the icons and feature bigger, my fingers are too fat to use. :(

BOO B) 12-21-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fceeviper (Post 1428055)
I have Panodra working on my phone, wooowhoo!

Now if only we can make the icons and feature bigger, my fingers are too fat to use. :(

What all did you have to do to get it working? I just got email from them today that first 5000 users get free homescreen program for their PC. I've been listening to it for last 2hrs. it's pretty cool. It's sponsored by Ford.

BOO B)

fceeviper 12-21-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOO B) (Post 1428059)
What all did you have to do to get it working? I just got email from them today that first 5000 users get free homescreen program for their PC. I've been listening to it for last 2hrs. it's pretty cool. It's sponsored by Ford.

BOO B)

This Pandora+VGA+IVAN1+SC.cab, plus Advance Config 3.3 so that songs would not cut off.

:occasion5: