PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Pandora for Touch Pro2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85786)

dishe 01-03-2010 01:47 AM

Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1452888)
Some of the settings like shut off data in X number of seconds etc where designed for GSM phones & will mess up a CDMA phone so you can't answer an incoming call. You can fix this with a simple regedit.

I was very hesitant to install AC myself, but I could not get Pandora to play a song to the end so I finally decided to try it again (I used to use it in my TouchPro's). AC fixed the problem & caused no other problems at all, but all I did was change the network setting for Pandora & left everything else alone.

One thing you definitely do not want to do is hit the load setup defaults (or something like that) is AC. That will definitely cause problems.

I agree with other posters that we should be able to do a regedit or something to get Pandora working without installing AC, but I have never been able to figure out exactly how to do it.

If anybody does know how to do this, please post the fix.......

~John

All we really need to do is dump the registry before and after, and compare to see what changed.

I haven't had the time to do this myself, but should be pretty simple.

yazyazoo 01-03-2010 02:04 AM

Have any of you tried using this in the car thru a Aux input. I did and the quality is terrible. Is there someway to make the bitrate and loudness better?

HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 01-03-2010 09:03 PM

Seems the one named pandora cab. 788.6 kb worked fine on my tp2 thanks

HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 01-03-2010 09:24 PM

From what I experienced its output cannot be amplified through aux input. This is obvious when you try to turn up the volume on your audio system. All audio output via aux (3.5mm jack) is fixed to the system volume on the playback device. In other words its for headphones not audio systems .. Sorry. What we need is a mini USB to USB With the proper firmware on the other end that can accept streaming. My car stereo does not recognize the ppc as an Ipod only as an external drive.

HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 01-03-2010 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the one that worked for me.

obamaftw08 01-04-2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 (Post 1458526)
From what I experienced its output cannot be amplified through aux input. This is obvious when you try to turn up the volume on your audio system. All audio output via aux (3.5mm jack) is fixed to the system volume on the playback device. In other words its for headphones not audio systems .. Sorry. What we need is a mini USB to USB With the proper firmware on the other end that can accept streaming. My car stereo does not recognize the ppc as an Ipod only as an external drive.

umm.. the volume knob on my radio worked just fine to control the loudness from the aux input...

boodaka 01-05-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 (Post 1458526)

I keep my phone plugged in through the 3.5 jack, and bump my library through Manila? through Sirius? and they sound great, so its not everything, and i got a hell of a system lol

yazyazoo 01-05-2010 12:24 PM

I agree. I use Groovefish and the Audio Player built into the TP2. They sound fine. However once I try Pandora, the quality sucks and sounds so low. I wish an official Pandora app would come for the TP2 with higher bitrate. I would even pay for it.

boodaka 01-05-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazyazoo (Post 1462239)
I agree. I use Groovefish and the Audio Player built into the TP2. They sound fine. However once I try Pandora, the quality sucks and sounds so low. I wish an official Pandora app would come for the TP2 with higher bitrate. I would even pay for it.

dittto, i would def pay for a solid Pandora

HTC FORTRESS WM6.5 01-05-2010 06:38 PM

Does anyone know what the sampling rate is? And just to clarify this topic has nothing to do with playing stored files... we are streaming out via usb to 3.5 mm adapter