PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 09:53 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: WMWiFiRouter on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@gTen yup
It kinda depends where you are, for example where I lived before 3g was pretty good. Now that I moved its been much weaker signals around here. The added problem made it somewhat worse.

Tethering to me is most important when I travel and luckly so far I traveled to cities with 4g and stayed in the heart of the city.

Overall though I think sprint is gonna be living on its lifeline the next 12month. They promised full LTE coverage by 2013 (my guess through lightsquared). But I have to wonder considering sprint is always showing themselves in the red yes still manages to throw around billions and pay bonuses where exactly they are getting the money from :/

I was thinking of going to Verizon to have a larger 4g footprint but I am not too happy about the datacap/price ratio. They should have at the evry least kept an unlimited option for a higher price.

Overall I am thinking about getting that new Walmart's T-Mobile unlimited 4G plan that came out on oct16th and its only like 30$ a month and no contract. There will obviously be throttling once I go past 5gb/month but I can use it with sprint side by side.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
It kinda depends where you are, for example where I lived before 3g was pretty good. Now that I moved its been much weaker signals around here. The added problem made it somewhat worse.

Tethering to me is most important when I travel and luckly so far I traveled to cities with 4g and stayed in the heart of the city.

Overall though I think sprint is gonna be living on its lifeline the next 12month. They promised full LTE coverage by 2013 (my guess through lightsquared). But I have to wonder considering sprint is always showing themselves in the red yes still manages to throw around billions and pay bonuses where exactly they are getting the money from :/

I was thinking of going to Verizon to have a larger 4g footprint but I am not too happy about the datacap/price ratio. They should have at the evry least kept an unlimited option for a higher price.

Overall I am thinking about getting that new Walmart's T-Mobile unlimited 4G plan that came out on oct16th and its only like 30$ a month and no contract. There will obviously be throttling once I go past 5gb/month but I can use it with sprint side by side.
yea I'm thinkin of going with either USCC or the T-mobile 5GB plan and then coming back to sprint once the network vision project is complete. one thing I like about USCC is that they have fast phone upgrades and their tower looks better than the sprint one. guess I need to look more into the plans.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

btw eric i think i jynxed myself , i am now getting 20kBps download speed EFFFFFFF
Old 10-21-2011, 04:02 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
yea I'm thinkin of going with either USCC or the T-mobile 5GB plan and then coming back to sprint once the network vision project is complete. one thing I like about USCC is that they have fast phone upgrades and their tower looks better than the sprint one. guess I need to look more into the plans.
Did you see the new t-mobile plan? its 30$ a month, you get 5gb and 4g. Its only 100 min talk time though but for that price it makes it pretty good for those that don't use the phone much and care more about the data. And best of all no contract.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:21 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Did you see the new t-mobile plan? its 30$ a month, you get 5gb and 4g. Its only 100 min talk time though but for that price it makes it pretty good for those that don't use the phone much and care more about the data. And best of all no contract.
seriously !? i thought tmobile was now owned and ran by AT&T so i thought they would jak there prices up
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
btw eric i think i jynxed myself , i am now getting 20kBps download speed EFFFFFFF
u mean kilobytes or kilobits? internet speeds are measured in kilobits not bytes.
Quote:
@gTen
i was thinking of their classic plan which includes unlimited everything plus 5GB of data at the same price of what im paying with sprint after taxes and insurance ($90).
Old 10-21-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
u mean kilobytes or kilobits? internet speeds are measured in kilobits not bytes.
Kilobytes , its my IE downloads that im getting the speed from thats why i put a capitol B i forget the abbreviation for the memory sizes lol
Quote:
@gTen
i was thinking of their classic plan which includes unlimited everything plus 5GB of data at the same price of what im paying with sprint after taxes and insurance ($90).
damn thats not bad what so ever ... AND i could use an HD2 on that too !
Old 10-21-2011, 11:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
@gTen
Well I can offer you a solution that might work but you will completely hate lol. (Though not sure if it is possible) Get the 30$ plan with 100 minutes, unlimited text and data, and see if they have some addon like call home for free for like 10$ or something, add Google Voice as your home number and boom you have unlimited minutes now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Kilobytes , its my IE downloads that im getting the speed from thats why i put a capitol B i forget the abbreviation for the memory sizes lol

damn thats not bad what so ever ... AND i could use an HD2 on that too !
Why would you want to use an HD2 on it? nothing against the HD2 but T-mobile actually has 4G coverage unlike sprint, would be a shame not to make use of it mostly if you tether :/
Old 10-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Well I can offer you a solution that might work but you will completely hate lol. (Though not sure if it is possible) Get the 30$ plan with 100 minutes, unlimited text and data, and see if they have some addon like call home for free for like 10$ or something, add Google Voice as your home number and boom you have unlimited minutes now lol

Why would you want to use an HD2 on it? nothing against the HD2 but T-mobile actually has 4G coverage unlike sprint, would be a shame not to make use of it mostly if you tether :/
yea Google, not an option. that plan sounds good and all but u don't get the phones at discounted rates. I also need to figure out how I'm getting out of my sprint contract without an ETF. I'm giving them till the next firesale to improve their speeds.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:

nobody has 4g coverage where I live , not even the big Red !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2