PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420
Re: Friend asked why I didn't buy an iPhone...

Bad Service (At&T). Slow Data (EDGE). No cut and Paste (1gen) . No MMS . No Tethering. the list goes on forever. Too many options on the locked up 1 gen. It was more of a "why can't iPhone" (get it?)
You couldn't do anything "cool" on it. 1/2 the people in line got ripped off when they dropped the price dramatically. fail fail fail. 3 wm phones and i still make calls and browse WAY faster than any sheepish iPhone fanboys.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:13 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i find the iphone to be a great device but damn, everyone has one now.... no bragging rights anymore and i hate to follow the crowd and have what everyone wants (reminds me of the RAZR)

plus, just because its heavily promoted and everyone wants it doesnt mean that its the best.... it just proves how people can be manipulated so easily (iSheep)
Old 09-17-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work

I posted something similar to this about Windows Mobile vs. BlackBerries...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...92#post1154492

Bottom line, I prefer to buy my phone from a computer/cell phone company.

Apple however is a marketing company who happens to be making computer-ish devices. How many other companies would be able to sell a product with so much potential and yet give the majority of users access to about 10-20% of it... and still sell the thing like hotcakes!?!

Imagine GE or Whirlpool coming out with a new dishwasher where all they showed in their ads was people dancing and jumping around hitting 'Extended Cycle' and 'Fine China' on the front of the unit, a quick pic of the front of the thing and loud music while someone swipes their finger back and forth on it like a 5 year old smearing their freshly picked boogie on the wall. Says absolutely nothing about the dishes coming out clean, how big it is inside or how expensive the thing is now and over time, but at least it looks great right?

I do like the leader/not follower statement too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

bkaz is becoming a great contributor

I'm not pro-apple or MS- iphones have their place. Here are few of my recent iphone vs WM experiences (using a titan in my case).

I recently went camping with a group of people for a few days. On night 1 we were walking back to camp and no one had a flashlight. I fired up nueLight and had a nice bright light to lead the way. (why did they take the LED out of the TP2??)

On day 3 the iPhones were either dead or people were seriously rationing their power. I popped in a new battery offered to let others use it to call home/work.

It's also fun to fire back really fast and long responses to texts from an iPhone user.

When someone is flashing their iPhone around (usually at a business conference) I like to say "That's a really neat phone. My daughter has one just like it. All the cool kids in junior high have one."

Don't get me wrong, iphones are great for fun and casual use. Our firm won't allow them, so we have to use WM or BB phones if we want access to the exchange server.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGUS View Post
Apple however is a marketing company who happens to be making computer-ish devices. How many other companies would be able to sell a product with so much potential and yet give the majority of users access to about 10-20% of it... and still sell the thing like hotcakes!?!.
Tell me your are kidding becuase you can't be serious...
It doesn't matter if you love or hate (mostly the latter here at PPCgeeks) the iphone, at least be somewhat factual in your posts.

Again, it doesn't matter if you hate Apple, but calling them a marketing company is just ignorant. Yes, they market their products very well but that DOES not make them primarily a marketing company. (I'll have to double check but I actually think Apple hires an REAL marketing company for many of their commercials)
Old 09-17-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

mickeyleah is just getting started

because if you wanted something shiny and made of glass you would of bought a mirror
Old 09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

As a child I did childish things. When I became a man I put away my childish ways....

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsockett View Post
Slide out the keyboard and then take out the battery.
Then show her that you have a signal and compare internet speeds

Then tether your laptop to your phone for a wifi signal

Then transfer an mp3 back and forth

Then show her your registry editor

Then show her SkyFire

Then show her this: http://www.whatreallysucks.com/top-1...e-suck-images/

Then tell her that you don't need dumbed-down hardware
Old 09-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would have said, "how about YOU buy me an iPhone, and volunteer monthly to get raped by AT&T"?!

I enjoying multitasking way too much to give it up for a useless gimmick. And Id rather converse with and enjoy the company of a PPCGeek over a corporate fanboy anyday of the week! Theres just so much more to discover and talk about with WinMo...albeit, not all of it is good...but even after all these years, i am still discovering new possibilities with WM.

Stripped of all the theatrics, the iphone is basically a useless feature phone...not even a smart phone. WinMo stripped of its theatrics ie TF3D,Titanium,etc...still remains useful, practical and even powerful, relative to the users knowledge.

im so tired of compairing apples to oranges.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:00 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by theTastyCat View Post
...when she saw my new TP2. What would you say?

Thanks all.
The "she" says it all. Girls are so trendy, they would get an iPhone (no offense girls of PPCGeeks, you're the exception to the rule)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
maybe cuz im a leader not a follower.... BEST ANSWER EVERRRRRRRRR
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
Answers:
A) Do you want me to slap you now or later.
B) Should I forget you even asked that.
C) Do you value our friendship ?
A) Slap now, ask questions later
B) You can't blame simple people for being followers
C) Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I would have asked what is an iphone?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
I like a phone which allows me to use and exercise my Brain when i use it. When i use an iphone my brain feels numb lol.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
Because I need a business phone, not a kids toy. I can play games on my PSP or DS.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA i love these answers...

honestly i am a business man and i dont take any1 serious that owns an iphone..i've turned down accounts when i see the owner with an iphone.. palm pre is on my kill list too

only phones a business man should have is a wm phone or a bb(for the old guys)
Me too... and +1 for your foresight

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
She's a woman. She wouldn't understand.
Agreed! ( +1 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracer1 View Post
Its like a laptop vs. gameboy.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkaz View Post
When someone is flashing their iPhone around (usually at a business conference) I like to say "That's a really neat phone. My daughter has one just like it. All the cool kids in junior high have one."
HA!! +2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyleah View Post
because if you wanted something shiny and made of glass you would of bought a mirror
+1

Lol, love the responses!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2