PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: bluetooth headset funtionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambaj0e View Post
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when I turned on my bluetooth piece, Jawbone Prime, all the audio, including music, goes thru the piece, as if it's like a stereo bluetooth. I'm not sure if it's the Widcomm stock or that Touch Pro2 cleanup cab from the other thread.
Go into your bluetooth settings and open the tab on the left (with the gears on it). expand the Advanced option then open the audio option and uncheck the box to play system sounds on remote hands free device
Old 09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850

jasoraso is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambaj0e View Post
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when I turned on my bluetooth piece, Jawbone Prime, all the audio, including music, goes thru the piece, as if it's like a stereo bluetooth. I'm not sure if it's the Widcomm stock or that Touch Pro2 cleanup cab from the other thread.
Under the Bluetooth Options:Settings:Advanced:Audio is an option for playing System Sounds through the headset. I would guess that this option is set ...
Old 09-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rogerjones9 is a n00b

Just as a test, I went a bought a Plantronics Voyager Pro, charged it up, paired it to my TP2 and it seemed to work properly. I haven't use it that much yet though. I also paired it up to a Plantronics Voyager 855 and it worked properly also. both of those are "newer" models than my Jabra BT250v so I think new goes with new.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

My Motorola H970 bluetooth headset works great for outgoing calls. However, half the time if I press the answer call button on the headset, it just changes the ringing from the TP2 to my headset, and doesn't answer the call. I have to pull my TP2 from its holster and then slide to answer. Very frustrating. Is this a part of the bluetooth issues with the TP2?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
My Motorola H970 bluetooth headset works great for outgoing calls. However, half the time if I press the answer call button on the headset, it just changes the ringing from the TP2 to my headset, and doesn't answer the call. I have to pull my TP2 from its holster and then slide to answer. Very frustrating. Is this a part of the bluetooth issues with the TP2?
Yep. This Widcomm stack is terrible for handsfree devices. It works somewhat with a lot of them but perfectly with very few, unlike the MS stack with worked perfectly with 90% of them and not at all with very few
Old 11-06-2009, 07:26 PM
N00b

dafuse is a n00b

I have paired with and use regularly:

- Plantronics Discovery xxx handsfree
- Sony car stereo handsfree and stereo
- Insignia stereo headset & handsfree
- Motorola EXxxx, the little BT speaker

All work great, except I can't hang up a call from any headset. I don't use voice dial, so I can't comment. I can switch tracks using the Insignia no problem.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

Using Plantronics Voyager 855.
Can't "end" calls with the earpiece.
I can voice-dial and voice-control apps.
I've never gotten the hang of call-waiting with a headset, so I can't say if that works...
The "pause" function on the earpiece works with my audio player (Pocket Tunes).
Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thought I'd report my experience...

Just got the Motorola S805 DJ BT Headphones... Anyone interested, NewEgg has these units with an ASUS USB Mini BT dongle for $30 buck ($37 with shipping)... I thought it was a deal/steal...

Anyway, after using them all day today listening to Pandora and an occasional phone call, all I can say is WOW!!! Great sound quality and none of the above reported issues... I know they're bulk compared to the typical headset as these are more designed for Music and an occasional phone call, not the other way around... The unit is high quality, lightweight considering the size, comfortable and battery life is outstanding... You can use it via BT or 3.5MM cable... Play, Pause, Next and Previous on one side... Phone button and volume on the other side...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...otorola%20s805

If you purchase, be sure to click Combo Deal to get the ASUS USB BT Dongle for free...

More pics available on their website...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2