PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I upload movies on my TP2 ?

I play movies on mine all the time.

I rip DVD's to h.264 at around 800 using Cucusoft DVD convertor. These files play perfectly in my TP2 using WMP or Album (they also play perfectly in my 2nd gen ipod touch)

These files will also play in CorePlayer (which I love), but not quite as well as in WMP (Windows Media Player) or Album because Coreplayer does not give true QTV hardware support & WMP & Album both do.

I have the TP2 TV out hooked to the 7" DVD/NAV screen in my SUV & my wife watches full length movies on that screen while we're traveling using the awesome multi-amp/subwoofer truck sound system (that I installed)

I also hook that same TV out to the TV's in hotel rooms & use my SlingPlayer Mobile setup to give me 200 cable TV channels from my home setup in any location I want.

~John
Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
Check your PM
Can U hit me with the same PM? I've tried SPB DVD. Slow and files are still huge and needed serial #. So I left it alone. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

russell235 is just getting started

Since you're discussing converters now, I'll direct you to this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112

"htc touch hd video converter v1.21" was made just for this purpose and is very easy to use because it doesn't do a bunch of extra stuff. It converts to mp4 so relatively small file sizes.
Best of course, is that it's free.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

firechicken1970 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I play movies on mine all the time.

I rip DVD's to h.264 at around 800 using Cucusoft DVD convertor. These files play perfectly in my TP2 using WMP or Album (they also play perfectly in my 2nd gen ipod touch)

These files will also play in CorePlayer (which I love), but not quite as well as in WMP (Windows Media Player) or Album because Coreplayer does not give true QTV hardware support & WMP & Album both do.

I have the TP2 TV out hooked to the 7" DVD/NAV screen in my SUV & my wife watches full length movies on that screen while we're traveling using the awesome multi-amp/subwoofer truck sound system (that I installed)

I also hook that same TV out to the TV's in hotel rooms & use my SlingPlayer Mobile setup to give me 200 cable TV channels from my home setup in any location I want.

~John
Thanks John! I DL the trial version of Cucusoft DVD convertor and tried it out. This for me is the easiest way to go (i dont want to do torrents) and I am going to purchase the full version. Converting DVDs to h.264 is the best format. I tried converiting to PPc format (wmv?) and h.264 and quality on the h.264 is much better.

I tried using active sync to the move the file over to my phones sd card but that didnt work. I had to take the card out and copy the files directly to the card and that worked perfectly. Thanks

Last edited by firechicken1970; 09-19-2009 at 01:58 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2