PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint sucks

I am in exactly the same boat (6 years, contract up, 3 lines and a Mogul). What rates are you guys getting for plans? Verizon offered me the phone for $199, 2 lines and 700 minutes for $70 and $10 for a third line and $30 for data on one line.l This totals $110/month and they will take off 15% for my University connection (or AAA). So this is about $95. I was grandfathered in at $5 for the data in the past with Sprint. They now want to charge me $30. They never get back to me. T-Mobile is even cheaper as is ATT, iPhone included. What is wrong with Sprint? They cannot say their network is better than Verizon!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yup spend a bunch of time to try and save 100, and spend 200 more over 2years. have fun.
here's a good interview with mr.Dan he explains it well I think.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
yup spend a bunch of time to try and save 100, and spend 200 more over 2years. have fun.
here's a good interview with mr.Dan he explains it well I think.
iv been trying to see this video for about a week now, and i never can seem to get it to play for me ....
Old 09-16-2009, 07:23 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I watched last night on my directv dvr.
ok, that was the wrong vid.
try this
Full conversation here

Last edited by shaggylive; 09-16-2009 at 07:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
not looking for a free phone. i just think its pretty messed up that sprint won't even match verizon price for a phone when I had to take it back the the sprint store to get it replaced 3 times. i would have no problem paying 200-250 for the phone but 350 plus activation when the tp1 had a keyboard issue is messed up.
I went threw 4 TP1's and when i just took it back a week or 2 ago i got a new one sold it for 200$ on ebay and then put that 200$ towards the tp2 from sprint so i pay 150$ the same price as Verizon.

All these people crying for them to match Verizon is STUPID.I wish Sprint would tell you this.OK WE WILL MATCH THERE PRICE ON THE PHONE AND NOW HOW ABOUT LETS MATCH THERE PLAN AND YOURS!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor

Couldn't agree more. Why is it when a new phone comes out, people think they should get that phone because their old phone isn't working. Well why did you keep it so long if it has never worked correctly for you?

Come on people, Sprint is a business which is trying to make a profit just like every other business. If you owned Sprint, you would not be giving out free phones everytime a new model gets released. If you didn't like your current phone, you've had plenty of time to complain and try another model. Now that there is a new phone, its kind of obvious your intentions.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
not looking for a free phone. i just think its pretty messed up that sprint won't even match verizon price for a phone when I had to take it back the the sprint store to get it replaced 3 times. i would have no problem paying 200-250 for the phone but 350 plus activation when the tp1 had a keyboard issue is messed up.
derrickmd18: the price is what it is. sorry, but it is nothing different than any other computer product, luxury car, or high end electronics. the price of the phone will eventually drop, but it costs more $$ for the latest n' greatest.

i can remember when the first HD TV's were $10,000.00!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
I am in exactly the same boat (6 years, contract up, 3 lines and a Mogul). What rates are you guys getting for plans? Verizon offered me the phone for $199, 2 lines and 700 minutes for $70 and $10 for a third line and $30 for data on one line.l This totals $110/month and they will take off 15% for my University connection (or AAA). So this is about $95. I was grandfathered in at $5 for the data in the past with Sprint. They now want to charge me $30. They never get back to me. T-Mobile is even cheaper as is ATT, iPhone included. What is wrong with Sprint? They cannot say their network is better than Verizon!
Better than Verizon? I don't pay any extra $$$ for roaming, I have UNLIMITED data and UNLIMITED text. Total: $49.99Month. My first contract had already been fulfilled so I had no problem simply renewing my original plan.

It doesnt matter what tower my phone connects to and I know Verizon can't come close to that price.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I'm not sure where Sprint gets off charging so much for the TP2, how on earth can they justify that??

As far as comparing Sprint & VZ monthly fees, that is like apples & oranges.

I have had both over the years, you go with Sprint to save money or you go with Verizon for the best network coverage (& there is a difference). Sure, a Sprint phone can roam off a VZ tower but it's not even close to the "same thing".

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

You could always do what I did....EBAY

$505 and no contract extension. Got it today, now need to activate it.

Only option I had, while keeping my plan. I had a Treo 700p and the wouldn't budge and didn't care.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2