PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
sprint sucks

I called them up today to order a Tp2 and they pretty much said nope. I have 2 lines with them and been with them for 6 years. only thing they would do for me is do it on my second line for the regular discount price. And i'm on my 4th TP1 phone because of the keyboard issues. they would even knock off a dollar. **** them i'm calling ATT and Verizon up monday and see what they can do.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc 6800/6900/TP/PRE/ TP2
Carrier: SPCS

jsanta11 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jsanta11 Send a message via MSN to jsanta11 Send a message via Yahoo to jsanta11
Re: sprint sucks

Before calling att and verizon... Call retention directly and say your going to verizon for the TP2. ( am sure they will do something since your a 6yr customer)..

Retentions No Wait Time:
866-235-1185 ( has a wait time)
877-661-3933
Old 09-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

im pretty sure sprint has to give you a new phone after you have 3 replacements in 90 days, at least verizon does, i will be getting the tp2 for free because of this when my screen completly dies [it has that oily substance under the screen]. Call them back and ask about this, seems like not every rep knows.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

i think he's looking for a free phone... which he probably won't get unless he's not on contract
Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
i think he's looking for a free phone... which he probably won't get unless he's not on contract
i concur. i TRIED to get a TP for 'free' when it was first released because my Mogul kept breaking down. No luck! Sprint continued to send me Moguls until they ran out of supplies.

I understand why they took this position since they're really not "obligated" to give me anything except what is defined in my insurance plan.

Looking back, I think consistently looking for a discount/handout from Sprint was a fruitless effort.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Sprint does not suck, they just aren't trying to give you a phone for $50.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

if ur out of contract they have incentive to keep you happy with an exchange. otherwise they're a business just like everyone else. if you asked for any other phone besides the one they just released, i bet they'd be more than willing to help you.

Anyway, 6 years and only two lines is nothing... try them again when you're at 10 years 4 lines
Old 09-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Spring

justenblake is a n00b

And no other carrier will likely give you a free phone whenever you want either. Its all about compromise and talking to the right rep the right way. Ive found sprint to be the best out of all the other carriers for willingness to work with you. Call a diff rep or retention and then just be willing to follow through with a threat to cancel. I myself just added a new line and got my tp2 for 49.99 and I then sold the replacement touch pro I got today (keyboard issue replacement) for 100 and got someone to pay 40 dollars a month for that additional line. So win win for me. Look at all the different options available. I think staying with sprint regardless of how many touch pros you go through is a way better option than going with crappy verizon or att.

Good luck with everything
Old 09-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Sprint pays full price for these phones by the way. Seriously though, call them ask for the $150 rebate and a $100 mail in rebate. Tell them you dont want to be all mean you just want that rate for this phone and you will gladly stay with sprint and continue to be a happy customer. If they cant meet your demands apparently verizon is offering the phone for $150. Good luck getting a cell plan thats as cheap as your sprints and good luck getting a phoned employee to be nice to you from what I hear.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Threadstarter

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18

not looking for a free phone. i just think its pretty messed up that sprint won't even match verizon price for a phone when I had to take it back the the sprint store to get it replaced 3 times. i would have no problem paying 200-250 for the phone but 350 plus activation when the tp1 had a keyboard issue is messed up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2