PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: When will the TouchPro2 be in stock & available at Sprint stores?

I've called and asked twice on the day it was released online (hoping to get it asap)..both reps told me it would be released on the 6th of October
Old 09-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Tony V. is a n00b

I've called my local store and they said that they would have it "in about a month, before the holidays." I'm a little afraid that the Sprint folks saying the Touch Pro 2 will be in stores on October 6 are getting it confused with the Touch 2.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony V. View Post
I've called my local store and they said that they would have it "in about a month, before the holidays." I'm a little afraid that the Sprint folks saying the Touch Pro 2 will be in stores on October 6 are getting it confused with the Touch 2.
Why would they be confusing it with the touch 2??? That was just announced by HTC and probably won't be in the states for a while. Not only that, but why would sprint be saying anything about the Touch 2 as if they are getting it for sure?? Now you have me confused lol
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
I've called and asked twice on the day it was released online (hoping to get it asap)..both reps told me it would be released on the 6th of October
yeah, i've checked my stores and they don't even have one behind counters yet... jokez, have you been able to see on in person yet?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
No, if so that is smart. Why ship out all these phones with 6.1 and then have to upgrade them all a month later to 6.5. They were smart for releasing it the way they did so the people who didn't want to wait (like me) could get the phone through telesales and online. This is a very smart move
I say waiting till 10/6 for a store release is STUPID.

Tell us why you think it's a good idea, there "Young E".
Old 09-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
yeah, i've checked my stores and they don't even have one behind counters yet... jokez, have you been able to see on in person yet?

Haha, well once I found out I can't get it in store till october I went off and bought it online immediately. Got it the next day at 11 heh =D>
Old 09-16-2009, 02:34 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Here is what you can do to get it from the stores.

I am not sure why the stores don't have it in stock now, but Young B's theory seems relevant. Here is what you can do if you want to get one from your local Sprint Store. There are two options, if you are upgrading your phone and currently have Sprint Service or if you are activating a new line of service.

If you are starting a new account, go to your local Corporate owned Sprint Store and let them know you want to activate a new line of service with the HTC Touch PRO2. They will do what is called a Direct Ship. You will have to pay for the phone at that time ($449.99 with $100 MIR) and when it comes in they will call you and you go back to activate it. Depending on device availability it could come in within 1-2 business days.

If you currently have service and were looking to do a device upgrade, you can go to your local Corporate owned Sprint Store and let them know that you want to upgrade your device to a HTC Touch PRO2. They can do what is called a Direct Ship FIROF. They will order the phone for you (you will not have to pay for it at that time), when it comes in they should call you and they will ring it up like a normal upgrade. (Your price will depend on your upgrade eligibility.) Again depending on device availibility it could come in within 1-2 business days.

Best of luck.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/16/a...aunches-on-oc/

It appears this wait till 10/6 is marketing bull**** orchestrated by Microsoft for a "world launch" on 10/6 for 6.5 .

We're all aware of how to BUY a TP2.
The ridiculous fact that they're not in stores is the purpose of this thread.

"Young E" didn't develop a theory.
ZERO logic was displayed in his post.
Preventing a store from carrying a phone in order to wait for software that can be easily downloaded is just plain STUPID.
Especially, since the TP2 is available online.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

I talked to a rep at a local sprint store today and he said they probably will start receiving them early next month.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

SumCrazyGuy is keeping up the good workSumCrazyGuy is keeping up the good work

this sux, within 2 months Im already on my 4th touch pro due to hardware failure. When I got my 3rd one it failed the same day! i hope once tp2 is in stores they will swap it for free once this POS dies again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2