PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 03:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 2.6 and up TF3D? we getting this feature or no?

Ok so how will this work. Will we dl an update that just adds it or will we have to swap our phone, or will a cab end up being made? I guess this is kind of a dumb question really because I doubt anybody knows for sure how we will get a new UIF on our phone. But I guess the obvious answer is to swap it out when the update happens or someone will make a cab almost similar to the HTCHome cab. Either way when it happens we will all be rushing to upgrade that UIF as well I am sure.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jhormaze is a n00b

If its not compatible how come it works on the touch diamond 2?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
UDK version. was mislabled by HTC, they left one marker in there saying 2.6, but look at the Manila_Core version.

It will say 2.5.

So No need to worry about 2.6, becuase 2.5 is the same thing, but for Qualcom Chipsets.

UDK rom will not be able to get the files out of there and be useful, cooking with Visual Kitchen, and converting files to Modules, you will get no useful files from there.
that's why
Old 09-13-2009, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mighty Mike, will you be putting 2.5 in any of your future ROMs?? I really like the look of that 2.5!!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Ok so how will this work. Will we dl an update that just adds it or will we have to swap our phone, or will a cab end up being made? I guess this is kind of a dumb question really because I doubt anybody knows for sure how we will get a new UIF on our phone. But I guess the obvious answer is to swap it out when the update happens or someone will make a cab almost similar to the HTCHome cab. Either way when it happens we will all be rushing to upgrade that UIF as well I am sure.
The update will come in the form of a rom with Windows Phone 6.5 after that's officially released.

I just hope they don't upgrade the SPL with all of this, we're still waiting as it is
Old 09-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Kind of wondering if 2.5 can be installed as a CAB, since we do not have the HardSPL yet. Saw screenshots of 2.5 and really want it
Old 09-15-2009, 02:25 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

newer versions of 2.1 manila now have weather on the home screen.

This is on Rhodium and Topaz roms.

It is version 2.1 manila, and weather is on the clock like on 2.5, but working on other ones, it seems like There will be an official rom update that will have these on there. That is for the GSM TP2 and D2.

Will it go to CDMA......... That will be up to the carriers i guess.

Can 2.5 be installed by a cab..... NO

2.5 is from leo, and every package is tied into each other, you think 2.1 is bad right now..... 2.5 is a lot worse, you literally need every single OEM in there for it to work proper, so you are looking at a 60-70 MB cab file.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

I was wondering about weather on the home screen. I've seen it mentioned, but don't see how to make it happen, on my Sprint TP2.

thanks

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 10-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

blkfella00 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
The update will come in the form of a rom with Windows Phone 6.5 after that's officially released.

I just hope they don't upgrade the SPL with all of this, we're still waiting as it is

Really...??? I thought the update was only just on the windows 6.1 updating it to 6.5... and not on the manila 2.1 to 2.5. Or am I just understanding you wrong?
Old 10-03-2009, 04:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

One thing that really ticks me off with the TP2 (Sprint, probably the same for all) is that in email, it says "Send/Recieve" even when it's already doing that, whereas regular WM will say "Stop Send/Recieve" if it already is. Strangely, from one screen, a couple of times, I have seen the "Stop.....", but not normally, and I was too rushed to figure out what was different. Still, the weak calendar bugs me the most, but I have somewhat fixed that with SecondToday. But then there is no ability to scroll. The Volume keys should be able to be used in screens with no sound, to scroll.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2