PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 2.6 and up TF3D? we getting this feature or no?

Are we going to get this touch flo setup in the futur or is it something thats going on a diffrent phone and will probably only be available for this phone via a cab or something?

At first I thought it looked rather cluster fcked but after viewing it on youtube it looks like its more usable then the current setup. I must say though as nice as these phones are if you dont do any upgrading to the screen the look very much unfinished so I suspeced something like this was in the works.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: TP2 2.6 and up TF3D? we getting this feature or no?

No we are not. Conflipper has noted that Tflo 2.6 is incompatible with our processors.

We will be able to use 2.5 though.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234

Would you mind posting the link to Youtube. I wouldn't mind checking this out.

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 09-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Retired Staff

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Taken from xda-developers for reference.

Originally posted by Conflipper

2.6 is for OMAP devices, and uses PVR GFX.

2.5 is for Qualcom Devices and Uses QTC GFX.

2.6 will not work on Topaz, or any devices that HTC makes right now.

2.5 will.

UDK version. was mislabled by HTC, they left one marker in there saying 2.6, but look at the Manila_Core version.

It will say 2.5.

So No need to worry about 2.6, becuase 2.5 is the same thing, but for Qualcom Chipsets.

UDK rom will not be able to get the files out of there and be useful, cooking with Visual Kitchen, and converting files to Modules, you will get no useful files from there.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:03 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

thanx for the clarification. this just killed any chance i had of wanting a touch pro 2 now lol
Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Buzz kill. Basicly we will get a 2.5 look alike version someday because we have some pretty skilled developers working around these forums. But other then that we are stuck with this unfinshed TF setup that we have to customize to the best of our abilitys. I feel sorry for the people that buy a TP2 that dont know how to do any of these things.

Enough messing though the TP2 is seriously better then I thought it was going to be. I had my TP customised to basicly do everything my TP2 does but the TP2 does it a lot better and flawlessly with little to no lag. I didnt think my TP1 lagged that bad but after using this TP2 it makes my TP1 feel like 56k lol.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

galinsky is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
thanx for the clarification. this just killed any chance i had of wanting a touch pro 2 now lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
So No need to worry about 2.6, becuase 2.5 is the same thing, but for Qualcom Chipsets.
read much? only kidding but i think this means that you can still get a TP2
Old 09-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by galinsky View Post
read much? only kidding but i think this means that you can still get a TP2
exactly... same stuff peepz!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Arent the TP2s getting an update GUI? Sense or something like that?
Old 09-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

I had read somewhere that when HTC releases their 6.5 updates for the TP2 and D2 that they were going to have an updated Manila in it. Don't know if that means the carriers will do the same or not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2