PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gpracer1 is keeping up the good workgpracer1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Sprint here and no dead or crossdressing pixels found.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:31 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
LOL so true can't believe people sending them back like that.Next they will be taking out a tape messure making sure the phone is the same size on both sides.
lmaooooooooooooo, or weighing it to make sure it makes weight.....

now for the thread sake i checked for a dead pixel, and i got maybe 2. so now ive brewed a pot of coffee and baught red bull so i can tweak all day n night at it and hoping itll disappear, jk all im playing, im just glad the keyboards arent frying like a lobster boiling and im scared every time I see a duplicattttte lllllletters.lol

damn pixel.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
thats good... Now ya wont have to be like the others and sitting in a dark room huddled in a corner with your ocd flairing up looking at your camera on ya phone stairing at your hand hoping the pixel will appear or disappear...
Well after further review, it did have some in the middle of the screen......Well, I am not going for a fourth, will keep the first one which has been the lesser of all evils.....It is a shame life has come to this...haha
Old 09-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
I know its NOT a dead pixel, but i am uncertain if it is actually a "stuck pixel" or if it is a software glitch. I can consistently reproduce the 'effect' by clicking on the Task Manager icon on the TF3D homescreen. Disabling the task manager app resolves the issue, and removes that ugly and clearly visible square at the upper left hand side of the taskbar. I think a hard reset is also in order.

Secretly, Exil3d is dying to get his hands on a TP2. I dont blame you, friend. It is a beautiful device. Being able to see more than a few lines of text at a time in emails, web browers, etc is well worth the upgrayedd!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ lol. I will only get it for free, and nothing more. Btw.. that dont look like a stuck pixel to me. Pixels are way smaller.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
lmaooooooooooooo, or weighing it to make sure it makes weight.....

now for the thread sake i checked for a dead pixel, and i got maybe 2. so now ive brewed a pot of coffee and baught red bull so i can tweak all day n night at it and hoping itll disappear, jk all im playing, im just glad the keyboards arent frying like a lobster boiling and im scared every time I see a duplicattttte lllllletters.lol

damn pixel.
HAHAHAH! I love your comment. You hit it dead one. We went from Pro1 being a Frying pan with a Keyboard with Tourette syndrome and Leprosy Chrome along with constant fevers that lead to premature battery death.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
HAHAHAH! I love your comment. You hit it dead one. We went from Pro1 being a Frying pan with a Keyboard with Tourette syndrome and Leprosy Chrome along with constant fevers that lead to premature battery death.
lmao @ leprosy chrome, been there.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Now.... since I got that rant off my mind, looks like 1 out of 4 will have stuck or dead pixels. Not good.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

not a darn thing wrong with my TP2 here
Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
not a darn thing wrong with my TP2 here
You fall under the 3 out of 4 that are good. I wonder if everyone will have dead or stuck pixels within a month? then what?
Old 09-12-2009, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

andsoitgoes is becoming a great contributor

So you think all LCD made screens should be 100% perfect?

They aren't. I could look at my past MP3 players, my TV, my Sidekick hell, my Harmony remote. All of these had issues of a dead or stuck pixel.

It's a COMMON THING to happen.

Seriously, we know you have a massive hate on for the TP2, but it seems like you're going searching for a single, tiny problem to pounce on.

Yes, mine has a stuck pixel, but so did my TV. I'm not planning on shipping either back. Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2