PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 10:21 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get bubbles out when putting on screen protector?

Wow, I'm sorry to sound so mean, but that has to be the worst job of putting on a screen protector I've ever seen, lol. I used to buy the sheets of the really sticky stuff for my Mogul back in the day, cut it, and put it on there, and that stuff was next to impossible to not get bubbles with on your first try, but then you get used to the credit card method.

The protectors that come with HTC phones nowadays are easy, since they're so thick. All you need to do is start at one side and slowly go up/down to the other side, and voila, no bubbles.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well after many, many years of using handheld devices and applying more screen protectors than I can count I can now apply screen protectors very easily and effectively using these few tips:

First, dry fit it as best you with the film still on., so you know how to position it on the phone.

Turning the shower on and letting the steam kill the dust is a good idea, if dust is a problem.

Be sure the screen is very clean, then cover it for a few seconds while you ready the protector. This will keep dust from settling on it.

When you begin to apply it peel the film off slowly as you apply it from side to side. Applying from side to side gives you a much longer edge to be sure it is on straight. Often when applying from top to bottom you find it is a bit out of line once you reach the bottom. NEVER use an utility knife to trim it. NEVER.

Peel the film off a little at a time as you apply it across the screen. Never turn the device over will applying it. This can allow dust to settle between the screen and the protector.

Once it is on, if there are any bubbles use a credit card or anything with a solid straight edge and no sharp corners to push bubbles to the edge.

If you do get dust under it, very carefully lift a corner of the protector and use a piece of regular Scotch tape to remove it by touching the underside of the protector, since the dust is usually stuck to it not the screen. However it can be on the screen as well.

If you do a really bad job of it ot there is a lot of dust you can take it off and reapply it. If you do take it off, get some packing tape or very wide tape, usually two pieces of packing tape stuck together, overlapping, are wide enough. Place the screen protector, face up on the tape and pad it down well being sure the tape is adhering to the whole protector. This will remove any dust and keep it clean as you reapply it. then pull the tape back slowly and apply it as you did before.

Some screen protectors are washable, but I have to say I have never seen one look anywhere near acceptable after being washed.

Good luck!

BTW.....The screen protector that comes with it is clear, not anti-glare. I dislike clear ones. I put it on my TP2 anyway, till I could get an anti-glare one. After the first day I took it off.....a day later the screen got a big ugly scratch on it!! The funny thing is, the next day it began acting weird so I swapped it for a new one. I'm back to using the included screen protector.

Last edited by Paragon; 09-09-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would suggest boxwaves screen protectors. They are really nice quality. I have used them on the vogue and currently on my diamond. They make a crystal clear one and an anti-glare version. They are pricey but really high quality. I've had the same one on my diamond for over a year now and it's just starting to get worn. They are also washable and reusable and are really easy to apply.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo_215 View Post
I just wash my screen protector with dish detergent then lean it on something so it can drip dry and then re-apply till I get it right.
Been working for years... started with the Touch.
I will agree with you on this one. In the past I have used this method and works great.
-Get a bowl or a cup of water
-add a few drops of dish detergent and mix into the water.
-Go into the bathroom and turn the shower on hot to get it steamy to drop any dust to the floor.
-remove the battery to be extra safe
-scub your fingers with rubbing alcohol to remove oil from your fingers.
-make sure the screen is clean and dust free.
-peel/open the screen protector
-dip it lightly into the soap solution
-lay the protector on the screen
-you should be able to move the protector around enough to precisly position it.
-since it is wet there should be very few air bubbles if any, and if there is they will push out very easily when wet.
-in a short time the protector will adhere in place.
-let dry overnight before putting the battery back in
-if there are any inperfections they will go away completly in a few days, unless there is dust under it.
-Good luck!

Extra tips:
**dont go crazy with the solution, just dab a little on the screen and dip the protector ligtly and shake off excess before applying.
*** to be extra safe cover your moisture sensor paper by cutting a small square of paper the size of the moisture sensor, stick that to a small piece of tape to cover the moisture sensor.
****never apply tape directly over the sensor without paper inbetween because when you pull the tape off the sensor will pull off with it!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Just remember as well... Clothes are optional!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

The problem with the TP2 screen protector is that HTC cut it just a touch too large. Unless you position it absolutely perfectly it will overlap the left or right edge by just a hair and cause a ridiculous amount of bubbling that no amount of smoothing and rubbing out will fix. Had they cut it a mm less wide it would sit easily on the screen and be a cinch to install. I know from extensive experience that installing a well fitted screen protector is actually fairly easy.

But take solace in this fact; the Sprint TP2 screen protector actually fits much better than the T-Mobile one. The T-Mobile screen protector is ridiculously difficult to install, worse than the Sprint. Someone soon will bring out a much better fitting protector. Until then I would recommend putting the included one on as best as possible and ignore the inevitable imperfections. Use your TP2 knowing that at least the screen is protected, even if it does look temporarily lousy. Also don't lose patience and tear it off and throw it away, then you risk a lot more than your phone looking lousy for a while.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

HouTexan is a n00b

I managed to put a crease in the corner of mine while trying to remove and reposition it. Still looks ok but I wanted to find a replacement. I have always used Nushield on my Mogul but like has been stated before, we are still waiting for a Sprint version from these companies. In the meantime I found this:

http://www.clearprotector.com/phone-...protector.html

I have never tried a shield from this company so I don't have my hopes too high but I like to have a replacement on hand.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

slizzap is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to slizzap Send a message via Yahoo to slizzap

Man there's some funny responses here haha. The main trick to no air bubbles is to make sure you don't get any dust between the screen and the protector when you're applying it. The magic solution? Can of compressed air.

1) Take the screen protector and wash it lightly in the sink with whatever soap you have and gently wash it just to get any particles off it. Then sit it flat, screen-side up, on a paper towel.

2) Use Windex or whatever to clean your screen to your liking.

3) Use the can of compressed air to blow dry the protector. This should take ~15 seconds. Just blow the water bubbles off onto the paper towel.

4) Use the can of compressed air to blow any dust off the screen.

- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as necessary. I'm anal and super picky about bubbles so I used a lot of air to ensure there was no dust.

5) Line up the screen protector at the top of the phone and just drop it into place. It should perfectly adhere to the screen with not a single bubble.

Works like a charm every time. That whole process took me maybe 2-3 minutes. No need to wait for the shower to steam up your bathroom
Old 09-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

What ever you guys do. Dont buy those screen protector that come in a yellow packaging from the Sprint store. Those are AWFUL! They scratch by mearly using the stylus on it. Incredible how junky they are.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
What ever you guys do. Dont buy those screen protector that come in a yellow packaging from the Sprint store. Those are AWFUL! They scratch by mearly using the stylus on it. Incredible how junky they are.
+ 1 on this, those things blow donkey foreskin..... great advice, and if you are gonna get them terrible ones, ya might as well go to the local store and go to the electronics department and find universal ones for like gameboys/digital cameras and etc...... you will pay half the price for double the amount..... no different than sprints junk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2