PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to get bubbles out when putting on screen protector? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83419)

SweetBearCub 09-08-2009 09:42 PM

How to get bubbles out when putting on screen protector?

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so I got my TP2 today, and before I started playing with it, I went to put the stock screen protector on. I took a rag, wet it, wrung it out, and thoroughly cleaned the front face of the TP2 after removing the shipping sticker that talks about TF3D.

I peeled the screen protector from its backing, lined it up on the phone, and put it on from bottom to top. As I applied it, I ran a finger upwards trying to press out the air bubbles, but I had no success.

It looks like a hack job from hell. Any ideas?

I've attached a (bad) pic of the carnage taken with my Q9c.

jason25 09-08-2009 09:46 PM

Re: How to get bubbles out when putting on screen protector?

send it to me and I will fix it for you

Just use a credit card and try working the bubbles out. You might also see some smears since there is probably some moisture stuck in between the screen and the protector, try working them out and let it set overnight to let it dry up.

bofo100 09-08-2009 09:48 PM

lol yea it was hell for me too but what i did i started at the top the 5th time and as i was pressing the protector down i was using a credit cart to flatten it

Dragon2 09-08-2009 10:08 PM

i always start from one end to the other, i use a credit card as im applying it, place one end on and make sure its lined up, then pull it almost all the way off so you have 0 bubbles and now lower the rest of the screen protector on as your running the credit card in the same direction...... pretty much dont let the screen protector touch your screen unless its being applied by the credit card....

ive become a pro 0 bubbles here

8notime 09-08-2009 10:20 PM

I always end up ripping these things off out of complete frustration in trying to get them on perfectly. If it isn't air bubbles, it's a piece of dust or something.

On a side note, I HIGHLY recommend getting some of this stuff from Klear Screen. It cleans really well and makes the touchscreen feel like glass. I've been using it now for several years. Apple resells the same thing under their own brand name as iKlear but it's more expensive through them. http://www.klearscreen.com/

Exil3d 09-08-2009 10:26 PM

You dont. They go out by them selves. The trick is to apply the protector with your in a steamy bathroom.

SweetBearCub 09-08-2009 11:04 PM

I tried 6 more times after having read the replies here; none were as successful as I'd like. I ended up ripping the screen protector in half in a fit of frustration, and I could now care less. I'll put the TP2 in a drawer while I wait for cases to be released.

cyclical 09-08-2009 11:07 PM

I dip the entire plasti protector in soapy water and put it on.

Works like a charm

Meanee 09-08-2009 11:44 PM

Got some dust in there, removed to clean it, got fingerprints on the sticky side, got pissed off, removed all together.

GRR

themuffinman 09-08-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1149845)
Ok, so I got my TP2 today, and before I started playing with it, I went to put the stock screen protector on. I took a rag, wet it, wrung it out, and thoroughly cleaned the front face of the TP2 after removing the shipping sticker that talks about TF3D.

I peeled the screen protector from its backing, lined it up on the phone, and put it on from bottom to top. As I applied it, I ran a finger upwards trying to press out the air bubbles, but I had no success.

It looks like a hack job from hell. Any ideas?

I've attached a (bad) pic of the carnage taken with my Q9c.

Wow, thats a pretty poor job. I have never had any problems with screen protectors. I usually start from the top and work my way down. My tp2 screen protector went on in about 20 seconds on the first try, not one single air bubble and I didn't even use a credit card to smooth it out.